A Certain Life Continues

Time: 16:09

Slightly sporting a haggard look underneath her iconic bag, Ruri, despite her indifferent look, was tired.

They— actually only Shiwigawa Futami— seemed fixated on Ruri now that her hobby was revealed, AKA her BL trash being shown to the brunette accidentally.

It wasn't that Ruri had anything against Yaoi— in fact, she enjoyed it. With having read some works with a smile (anything to GL, straight, and BL if it has a good story)—but having to listen to her classmate drone on about her woes if her secret gets out while simultaneously adding about its greatness for hours on end was wearing her down.

Ruri had tried to keep a low profile when both of them begged her not to spill the beans, but somehow she seemed to slip into being a nerd like Shiwigawa, which only seemed to make things worse. And Shiwigawa soon seized the opportunity to "recruit" Ruri, leading to a new set of problems for the exhausted clone.

So after getting away from the whole debacle while recommending her previous read to the enthusiastic girl (which Ruri duped Shiwigawa into, since her previous read was unlikely to be published yet), the brunette was now walking towards her destination with a distracted mind. While holding up her phone to track her Hime-sa—

*Bump!

But too bad for her, since a Certain unlucky boy suddenly bumped into her, making her fall and making her buttocks hurt.

"Ah— sor.. oh! It's just Bukuro-chan!" Somehow hearing his relief, even going so far as to cut his apology short, made Ruri to gain an irkmark over her head. Annoyed.

"Fancy seeing you here without Hime-chan nearby, Bukuro-chan. Though where is she, by the way?" Touma asked, offering his hand to Ruri before the clone could blow up. 

"I actually wanted to thank you guys. For the bento, I mean. It was delish too." He added with a grin as he pulled her up. Unknowingly, his compliment made the clone to puff her flat chest in pride after getting back on her feet.

Pleased with his input, Ruri now decided to let go of her displeasure— for now, yet again, for his sake.

"'Hmm, you have good taste.' Misa— Ruri smugly says it but then scratches her cheek wearily soon after. 'But regarding your question, I was caught up in something bothersome and was late, and now I'm going to where Hime-sama's location is.'" She ended while slumping her body, and Touma hummed.

"Ah.. I see. Hmm, then would you like me to help you? I know Hime-chan well enough to know that she might not really stick around at a location when something catches her fancy. Especially cakes and other sweets, you know?"

And then both of them sighed at the same time. Both agreeing with the statement.

And the boy could distinctively remember his first time meeting the duo, and he recalled how Fischl bombarded him with questions about directions for certain shops before speeding towards a nearby bake shop that ended up with Touma and Ruri being dragged along. 

Of course, since Touma complied so readily, Fischl was courteous enough to buy him a treat to take home for the trouble.

And by treat, he meant a whole three-layered cake to take home with and along with a cart. He couldn't say if it was good luck or bad luck, but he could confidently say it was bad luck when the cake didn't fit in his door after reaching his apartment, and he spent hours taking the cake apart to even fit his refrigerator (that suddenly broke overnight somehow).

"'Hmmm' Ruri hummed in contemplation, but remembering something, Ruri decided to shake her head in denial."

And because of her words, Touma suddenly tilted his head a bit.

"Huh? By your words.. is it something complicated?"

"'No... Rather..' Ruri hesitated a bit before shaking her head slightly. 'It's a bit delicate. I think my friend would go ballistic if she were to be seen by someone because of her flustered state and having a male at that be see—"'