Chapter 12.

as I look at a vase with blooming bright red roses.

"What the..." I thought as I could feel my heartbeat rise, while pounding painfully against my sternum. My breath became instantly rapid, as I felt like I was being choked at the same time. Warmth spreaded beneath my skin while my mouth instantly felt dry.

Quietly I stumbled back, opening my phone and pressed on the numbers "911" followed by a quick tap on the green icon. The phone started counting while I placed my phone quickly against my ear.

"911, what is your emergency?" I hear a calm woman say on the other side.

Without responding I stepped back outside, nearly stumbling over the threshold. I wasn't sure how I did it, but I regained my balance on the porch before stepping into my garden.

"Hello?" I could hear the woman ask as she sounded confused, making my head softly shake. Quickly I gasped in a painful breath, before I blurred out;

"Someone broke into my house"

My voice shook while my hand made my phone uncontrollably shake as I tried to hold it still against my ear.

"M'am, are you at a safe place?" The woman asks, while I could hear a hint of serious concern in her voice. Scared, my head turned from the left and then to the right as my eyes flickered over various places.

"Was I save?" I questioned myself, not feeling sure if I was safer out or inside my house.

"I think I am" I could hear myself say unsure, hearing the nerves clearly back in my voice. Scared, my hand raised itself, while I watched it shake as I tried to pull a lost lock of hair behind my ear.

"M'am is the intruder still in your house?" The woman asks surprisingly calmly.

Unsure my eyes flickered back over the porch and towards the open front door. There was nothing, before they flickered over the windows of the house as I took in a shaky breath.

"I don't know, can you please send someone?" I nearly begged the woman on the phone, feeling a lump in the back of my throat. Nervously my hand brushed over one side of my face, pulling my vision back to the dirt ground.

I could feel myself struggle to swallow, forcing my vision back up towards the front door. "What if someone would rush out?" I told myself scared, while I placed my thumbnail in between my teeth.

"M'am someone is on its way" she tried to calm me, while gathering information.

My vision slowly started to blur as eyes started to water. Mentally finally giving in while my nerves seemed to hit the surface. It made me softly blink, forcing a tear to form while it rolled down my cheek as an uncontrolled snicker left my throat.

A soft rumble was heard behind me making it clear two police cars drove up the dirt road, and finally came to a halt at my house. Three soft clicks broke the silence as a woman and three men got out of their car, immediately walked up to me.

"Are you ok ma'am?" the woman asks me before rushing to my side.

I nodded as my hand brushed over my cheek and wiped away a tear. From behind the woman I could see the two men walk up to my house, as I watched them nervously. With force they pulled out their weapon before they pushed the door further open and made their way inside.

"Do you have any idea who could have done this?" The woman asks me calmly.

Softly I shook my head as I looked at the ground.

"No person you got in trouble with, or an ex? The woman asks calmly as another tear falls down.

"I broke up with my boyfriend a week ago" I said as I thought nervous about Collin.