Chapter- FoUr

Four hours left till the ceremony.

Got no clue, how to make this event stop.

Do I need to call my dad? I don't know whether he was involved in her death or not. If he was involved, he would be on alert.

Take the car keys and fire up the engine.

Passed the bridge to reach the morgue.

Got all the signed papers in my hand. If there is no Susan in the morgue, then where is she? Where the hell is her body?

I need to see her face for the last time before she's buried. I know I can never in my whole life see her face again but I wouldn't miss the last chance...

I need to pay my respect to her.

Reached the morgue and stepped out of the car. Walk into the main reception and submit the papers.

The guard asked, "The truck will be waiting outside, come with me and recognize her as a part of formality then you are free to take her"

Part of formality. I see no person who has respect for the dead. They are not dead for the people they love. Even when a person is dead, they will hold tons of emotions and memories associated with their loved ones.

We walk into the morgue, there are many bodies surrounded. My nostrils stopped working. I can feel sweat over my temples even though it is cold inside. My heart is racing like a horse.

He showed the body and lifted the cloth on it.

"Is this one ours?"

She's not Susan...

I don't think I can tell this guy. It's useless...

It's better to plan something quick.

Even if I vanish this one, it would be of no use. Police and those who are behind the scene will try to search this body but not the actual one. I need people to look into the actual body. In a way to do that there is only one option,

"Keep the body in the van, I'll be in a second..."

Time to change the pace of this game. The person who is behind all this needs to know that I'm interested in the game.

When I was eight years old. My grandfather who fought in world war-two gifted me something that kids shouldn't try to mess with. Till date I don't know why on earth he gave me the package but it was with me till the date.

I left the package in my safety bag. Always used to hide things from the sight of my parents. The package he left me was only known to me and him.

I walked to the car and opened the spare tire compartment. Pulled my safety bag out. Used to be one of the scared kids back when I was eight. Used to carry the safety bag with me always. But last year, I wanted to get rid of my inner fears. As a role in leaving things behind which scares me, I kept the bag safely in the car trunk.

When we want to get rid of things which hold fear, we need to get rid of them. If they are holding emotions like in my case, as a grandfather gift. We need to keep it away till we need to see it.

Pulled out the bag and took the package out.

Walk towards the body. He stared at me and asked,

I ask, "What's your name?"

He says, "Noah" and he continues to ask, "What was that?"

"Do you know how to handle dead bodies? I want you to cut this down and place this package inside of it"

"What?"

"Do it."

******

He sneaked out and helped himself with some surgical tools. The advantage with my town is no one cares.