Scars

I think I stared in to her eyes forever. They were beautiful and they had some force pulling me to look in them. After what seemed like 4 hours i blinked and came back up with my wallet in my hand. "You are the girl that found me when I got beat up" 

          She nodded and smiled. She shivered because it was cold out. I ran and grabbed a blanket and ran back outside wrapped it around her and brought her into the living room.

          "Do you want some hot chocolate?" She smiled when I said this so I take she wanted some. I went  into the kitchen, found a pot and put some water on it and turned the stove on. Then i found the packets of hot chocolate. "do you want marshmallows and milk?" I yelled to her but I got no reply. 

           Maybe she didn't hear me. I poured hot water in two cups and stirred in the cocoa mix i put marshmallows and milk in both. I brought a spoon with me just in case she doesn't want the marshmallows.

             I walked back in to living room trying not to spill the cups everywhere. Mom would freak because the rug is white. 

          When I walked in I noticed she had the blanket off and she was looking at the books on the shelf. I havn't touched those books since my father died. Every night he would pull one down and talk about how the author wrote the book. I found it very interesting. So now the books are covered in dust. I don't feel like I should touch them if he isn't here to share the experience. 

            "Those are my dads" I said. She jumped and dropped the book she was holding. "It is okay i never touch them, someone deserves to enjoy them"  I handed her the hot cocoa and she smiled. 

           "So what brings you here? I tried finding you after you found me that day and never could." I said.  She opened her mouth as if she was gonna say something but she held back and took a sip of her hot cocoa. Then she looked at me with those big eyes. I swear I would have melted if I could. 

          "The accident, was not an accident. it was murder." 

          At first I had no idea what she was talking about and then I thought about dad. I jumped up and yelled "What do you mean "Murder" I was in that car too and I didn't die!" She whimpered as if I had hit her and I instantly felt horrible. "I'm so sorry I don't know what happened." 

          "There are people after you and your family. The reason you survived is because they need you alive. They killed your father because he was trying to shield them from you. Your mom is always on business trips because she doesn't want to be around you too long. She has a tracker on her back so they can find her, then you."

          I knew what the tracker was. My mom has this weird Indian symbol on her back. I thought it was a tattoo but that is the only thing I could think of being the tracker. 

           So my mom wasn't leaving me for her job. The whole time she was trying to protect me, and I was being selfish. Next time I see her I want to give her a huge hug and thank her. If I see her again. What if I never see my mom again. Where am I gonna go?

         "Then why are you here? Is my mom hurt??!" 

          "No your mother is fine but she won't be if you don't come with me and destroy them"

           "Who is "They" exactly?" I asked.

          "We will have to sit for that because I have a lot to tell you" She sighed. 

          We sat down and the sleeve on her shirt moved up and I saw deep scars on them. I wondered if she cut herself. Without thinking I ran my hand over them. She looked up and had a tear running down her cheek and pulled her sleeve down. I moved my hand away. "Sorry." I said quickly.

          We sat in silence for a while and I felt like I had a knot in my stomach. She began talking. "They want you because are something they have never seen before."

          "They have never seen a human being before?" 

          She smiled "Of course they have but they have never seen a human and a shape shifter have a child together." 

          "Shape shifter?" 

          "Your mom is a shape shifter. That symbol on her back is the tracker they put on her when she was born"

           "So, my dad was human?"

          "Yes he was, and you are half shape shifter"

          Once when I was a child I was in my room pretending I was a pirate. I had a hat and a fake bird. I thought so hard about being a pirate. It was the coolest thing ever! One day I woke up and looked in the mirror and had a huge beard and piercings. I flipped out and ran to my mom and told her everything. She stared at me as if I was crazy. I looked back in the mirror and I was back to normal again. I couldn't believe it. I was terrified so I never thought about being something to hard so I wouldn't turn into it. 

          "I can't believe it but I do think it could be true. I had weird things happen to me when I was born. Why don't I have a mark on my back like my mom?"

          "They didn't know about you until about 6 years ago. Your mom had stayed around you too long and they saw you and your father. Him being human they wondered if you were half shape shifter, so they have been trying to get their hands on you ever since."

          "So they killed my dad because he was trying to protect me?"

          "Yes all the reading he did he found ways to put a force field up so they couldn't find you. But that day you on your way to the movies they caught your dad off guard and when he died the force field broke so now they are on their way to get you. We don't have time to figure this all out right now we need to leave, Or your mom could be in grave danger."