Woods

We grabbed a few things and left the house. I have no idea where we were going, and it seemed as if she didn't either. I just realized I didn't even know her name. Was I crazy for leaving with her? I mean she could be some crazy person that wants to kill me. Well I don't think that's true because she wouldn't have helped me on that day I got beat up. Maybe I should do this. What if my mom is really in danger? Where is she? These are questions I wish I knew the answers to. 

          I noticed that she had stop on a corner where straight ahead it was woods. I thought I saw a light coming from the woods but as soon as I focused closer on it, it disappeared. I wonder if that had to do with the people trying to find me. I suddenly shivered. 

          Zach you need to stop scaring yourself. You will be fine. I don't think you are gonna get hurt. Just follow her. 

          I still had a uneasy feeling in my stomach. What if she was tricking me? Oh well i don't have time for this. I ran into the woods after her and walked up next to her. I looked at her beautiful face and tripped over a stick. I stumbled and she started giggling. I put on a queasy smile on my face and giggled a little too. 

          " I never asked you your name back there" I said while gesturing towards my house.

          "Mayana" She whispered

          "That's a very pretty name." I said and started feeling the blush rising in my cheeks.

          We continued walking in complete silence until we came to an opening in the path. I stopped and stared wide eyed at the village that was before me. It was amazing. I have never seen anything like it in my life. Mayana saw me staring and walked up to me.

          "Isn't it gorgeous? We built this in 1784 and it has stayed ever since."

          "How hasn't anyone like helicopters found this??" I questioned in awe.

          "Only people of our kind can see it" She said with a smile on her face. 

          "Exactly  what is our "kind"?" I asked.

          "You will know soon enough."