Chapter 8

✴️▪️✴️▪️✴️▪️✴️▪️✴️▪️✴️▪️✴️

'I think I changed my mind'

Chris says in his thoughts while listening to what Miko said about the Autobots and Decepticons, apparently hearing more about them, it really caught his attention.

Especially when Mike mentioned that Optimus, the leader of the Autobots, had lost his memory and joined the Decepticons???

'How is that possible??' Chris wonders in his thoughts, clearly Optimus was never supposed to join the Decepticons, just because he lost his memory he did?..

Chris was about to ask how is that possible, but was interrupted by a voice.

"The Matrix was the cause of his memory loss, being released causes his memories as Prime to disappear"

The kids turned towards the voice, only to see Ratchet who was looking at the monitors. Seeing the bot medic, Chris rolled his eyes at seeing the bot medic that way, so grumpy.

The kids shrug their shoulders, but are grateful that Ratchet was able to explain for them, they turn and continue their conversations.

The day passed and the next one arrived, the Kids were in their school meanwhile Chris was taking a little walk around the base, finding a basement with few cubes of energons, pieces of metal, Chris guessed that those pieces were to cure the bots with it.

After walking for a long time, he decided to return to the main room, about to enter, he heared the Autobots having their talk among themselves. Sticking his head behind the wall, he sees the Autobots together having a chat with eachother.

"What was the message?" Bulkhead asked Optimus who was holding onto the Star Saber.

"It is paramount that we recover the final four icon relics. The Omega Keys"

"Keys?"

Asked Arcee, stepping into the conversation. "To what?" Ratchet added into the question.

"To the regeneration of our home planet"

'What?' Chris looked a little lost for a moment. 'Home Planet? Are they talking about their home?'

He was roaming through his minds when Bulkhead's fist bump startled him back to reality. He saw the Autobots looking ready for another mission.

"Pack your gear! We're going back to Cybertron!"

Ratchet laughed and looked at Bumblebee when he said something.

"Well believe it now Bumblebee, civilization at last"

Smokescreen looks a bit sad. "But I just got here"

Then Arcee stepped in and strike a pose, Chris turns his gaze to avoid cring. But listening to what the female bot says.

"Remember oil baths? First thing I'm gonna do planetside is soak for an entire solar cycle"

"Hah!"

Bulkhead was next to laugh, causing Chris to look back at the autobots. "I can't wait to tell Miko!"

Then there was a brief pause. Seeing their fallen glances, Chris realized that now the autobots were thinking of their human friends, including Smokescreen.

"And... Jack"

Arcee said with a look on her that can be described as 'I'm not ready' or something related to that. Bee added.

("And... Raf..")

They were sadden at the thought of leaving their human friends behind. Smokescreen shake the thought and tried to keep his emotions on check, or he just didn't know how to deal with it.