A not so happy family. (Iceland)

582 words.

~~~~~

"Mommy! Mommy! I made you a picture, do you like it!?" My 6 year old son , Anthony shouts at me.

I sigh in annoyance.

"Anthony, how many times do I have to tell you to not shout in the house?"

"Mommy! I'm not even that loud! See my picture!"
He then shoves a picture of our 'happy' family in my face.

I take the picture, look at it and smooth it out.

I see Emil, Anthony and I, at what seems to be a park, and we are all smiling.

Yay right, Why would I be smiling with the man who stole my freedom from me, (y/n) (l/n), 7 years ago. Now here I am stuck with him.

"Anthony, It is beautiful. Now go put it in your room." I tell him.

"I will be right back, Mommy!" Anthony blows me a kiss and runs up stairs.

I let out a breath a never realized I was holding in.

Why, was I even holding my breath?

I feel arms wrap them selfs around my waist, and I flinch away, by habit.

"(Y/n), why, are you so jumpy? After almost 8 years, you're still as jumpy as before....." Emil whispers in my ear.

Never mind. That is why, I was holding my breath, he is back.

"Do you really want to know, because I'm pretty sure, you already know, why!" I say between clenched teeth.

"Wow, still feisty as ever (y/n)." He remarks.

I clench my fists together, I drag my heel of my shoe along his shin, and stomp on my foot.

"Get your filthy hands off me." I whisper-shout.

I get a howl of pain, as an answer and smirk to myself. Good, he deserves to feel all the pain, I have had to feel.

"What that hell was that for?!" He shouts

I quickly shush him.

"Anthony, Is up stairs. He does not deserve to hear our yelling. You may deserve emotional pain, but he does not."

Emil appears In front of me, and I can see the rage clearly on his face.

"Excuse-me, but I took you away from being forced to marry, a country you did not love! You should be thankful!"

I laugh, at what he said. But he seemed to only become more angry.

"Thankful! Ya right, because someone stole all my freedom and rights away, but I should be thankful!"

Emil faces me, with a deadly glare in his eyes.

"I gave you a home, food, and a beautiful child! Plus me! What more could you want?!"

He grabs my wrist and yanks me towards him.

"(Y/n)! I'm talking to you! It's not like you can't say you're not happy! Right?!"

I pull my wrist away from his  grip, and scowl.

"Happy.... Sure...." I mumble

He raises his hand above his head but quickly lowers it again.

"We are a happy family!"
He shouts, leaning in to kiss me.

I lean back, but I meet his lips. His tongue prods mine, and I pull away.

"I would say a not so happy family....." I whisper, so Emil cannot hear. 

Foot steps pound down the stairs, and I feel a hand pull on my shirt.

"Mommy, I hung it up, in your room!" Anthony tells me smiling proudly.

"......Good, I'm glad baby....." I reply

He spots Emil and his smile drops.

"Oh, h-hi Daddy....I made a p-picture for mommy..." Anthony backs up and runs back up stairs.

I sigh.

A not so happy family.