Chapter 4 - Missy

I blinked my eyes open, yawning loudly. I looked over at the clock. Ugh, Silvia told us to be downstairs by 6, it's already 8.

"Jenna! We're 2 hours late!! Get up!" I yelled across the room. I heard her moan in reply.

I pulled on a tight shirt and some skinny jeans and ran downstairs.

"Alright girls, chop chop! Eat like the wind! You have to pick out your stylists!" Silvia ordered.

I grabbed some pancakes from the buffet and stabbed my fork into the fluffy food. I ate quickly, feeling like I needed to get away from everyone. I ran down the halls, my blonde hair streaming behind me. I slowed, reaching the entrance of the designated room. As soon as I get my stylist, I'm going to make it clear that I'm not into dresses and tons of makeup. I'm not that kind of girl.

What I saw in front of me was a large amphitheater, rows of seats going hundreds of feet into the air. And that stage, it was majestic. It sounds weird, but it really was. It curved around the front row, and had thirty-one podiums on it that looked like they were made of pure diamond. I was early, and there were only a few people scattered around. I plunked down into a plush seat and pulled out my phone. I waited, as people slowly started trickling in. This was a private event, happening before the actual filming starts. A brown haired girl sat down beside me.

"Hi! I'm Becka! Do ya want to come to my party on Saturday? It's going to be in the ballroom. The theme is futuristic!"

"Sure." I said not bothering to look up from my phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After what seemed like ages, the announcer walked up on stage.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, my name is Drew Matthews and I will be your host today for the choosing of the stylists. Let's get straight into it."

An older woman walked to the first podium.

"Introducing, a seasoned pro, Maxine Laqe!"

A long line of women followed Maxine, Drew called out their names as they passed. Once all the stylists were onstage, there was one podium left, a little grander than the rest.

"Our first contestant to pick is, Cedar Romey!" A girl with chocolate brown hair and piercing green eyes walked up.

"I want Lulu." She said in a whisper.

"Say that again love?" Drew asked.

"Lulu." She said a little louder. I could tell that Drew just about heard her.

"Lulu Stumph it is! Good choice Ms. Romey." Cedar shuffled off stage, pulling her hood back over her head.

"Next up, Jenna Wallows!" Jenna struted up onstage.

"I pick... Eliza!" She said.

Next a shy looking girl with her ash blonde wavy hair covering her face.

"Paisley, is it?" I saw her flinch as he yelled in her direction.

"I'll take Chelly." She whispered.

Finally, my turn came. I walked around the stage to stand on the diamond podium. I saw a confident-looking lady, she was a good choice. I remembered her name was Missy Evans.

"I would like Missy please."

After the ceremony was over, I went to my prep room, I'd never heard of such a thing, but inside it looked amazing. I sat down on a plush chair and Missy sat down on the couch opposite me.

"First things first," She started, "I need to tell you something about this competition."