Chapter 3

-A week later, it was late at night as Scott was driving Derek's car with Stiles sat in the passenger seat, looking out the rear windshield, at the car pursuing them.
"Scott, can you drive a little faster?" Stiles asks, panicking.
"If I go any faster, I'll kill us. And I don't want to wake Ryan" The Beta replies, glancing in the rear view mirror to the backseat, where his nephew was strapped up in a car seat, sleeping.

 And I don't want to wake Ryan" The Beta replies, glancing in the rear view mirror to the backseat, where his nephew was strapped up in a car seat, sleeping

He then made a sharp turn.
"I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase" Stiles mutters.

Scott then floored down on the gas, making the Camaro rocket through the streets as he looked back out the rear windshield.
"They're gone" He announces, seeing that the pursuing car was no longer following.

They have a police scanner with them, announcing that Derek was on foot, heading north and Scott headed in that direction to meet the older werewolf there.

They soon spot Derek crouched behind cover as the Camaro screeched to a stop and the passenger side door swung open.
"Get in!" Stiles yells and climbs into the backseat, allowing Derek to jump into the car, before Scott took off again, getting away as Argent watched the car speed away.

Derek sat in the passenger seat.
"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott questions the man.
"Damn it! I had him!" Derek growls in frustration.
"Who? The Alpha?" Stiles asks.
"He was right in front of me, and then the freaking police showed up!" Derek complains.

A groan from the backseat caught Derek's attention, making him turn his head and see his sleeping son, who shifted in his sleep.
"You brought Ryan?" Derek growled, angrily.
"Mom and Zia are working, and I wasn't going to leave him at home, alone" Scott defends.
"So, you brought him along on an Alpha hunt and car chase?" Derek questions him.
"Either option makes me look irresponsible, I get it" Scott sighs.
"The police are just doing their job" Stiles says, changing the subject.
"Yeah, because someone decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the state" Derek growled, looking at Scott.
"Can we seriously get passed that? I made a dumbass mistake, I get it" Scott sighs in defeat.
"How'd you find him?" Stiles asks, changing the subject.

However, the werewolf wouldn't answered him.
"Can you try to trust us for half a second?" Scott asks, irritated.
"Yeah, both of us" Stiles added as he leaned forward, gaining a glare from the Hale man.
"Or just Scott" The human mutters, sitting back.
"Ok. Ok. I get it" The young Beta backs down.
"The last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found out two things. The first was a guy named Harris" Derek informs them.
"Our chemistry teacher? Why him?" Scott asks, confused.
"I don't know" Derek replies.
"What's the second?" Stiles asks, curiously.
"Some kind of symbol" Derek answers, pulling out a piece of paper with a symbol on it.

As Scott looks at it, he released a defeated sigh.
"What? You know what this is?" Derek asks him.
"I've seen it. On a necklace" Scott confesses.

Scott dropped Stiles off at his house, before he drove back to the McCall house.