Chapter 4

-The next day, Melissa pulled into the driveway, having just got home.

Instead of getting out, she stays in the car and pulls out her phone, clicking on a number, before putting it to her ear and waiting for the person to answer, only to get sent to voicemail.
"Oh, hi, it's me. Melissa McCall, giving you.. A call. That always sounds so awkward when I say it because of my last name, McCall. Yeah, so... Wondering if you wanted to reschedule dinner or lunch? Doesn't have to be dinner. Lunch is good or coffee. If you drink coffee. Maybe you drink tea. Maybe we could just go for drinks? I think I'll need a few after this profoundly embarrassing message. So, if you're not totally freaked out by this disastrous call, feel free to give me... A call" Melissa says, nervously, before putting her phone down and starts crying, feeling completely humiliated.

The night before, Melissa and Peter were on there way to dinner, when another car bumped into them, revealing to Stiles, so Melissa knew it was on purpose.

Up in his room, Scott heard everything and felt like the worst son in the world for being the reason his mother was so upset.

He'd sent Stiles to stop the date and couldn't even give his mother the truth about why, so she probably just thinks he did it to be childish.

As Melissa was still crying, she didn't notice that she wasn't alone.
"Mom? Oh my god! Mom, what's wrong?" Zia's voice sounded as she rushed over with Ryan to the car, realizing her mother was crying.

Melissa looked at her daughter with tears streaming down her cheeks

"Zia, I didn't know you were home" She notes, quickly wiping her tears away.
"We just got back from the store" Zia replies, showing her a bag.
"Are you sad, grandma?" Ryan's small voice spoke up, standing beside his mother.
"No. No, I'm fine, sweetie" Melissa says, putting on a small smile.

Zia saw right through it and knew she had to talk to her mother.
"Ryan, baby, why don't you go inside and play with your new toy, ok?" Zia suggests to her son.

Ryan hesitated, before taking the box that contained his new toy and went inside, leaving the women alone.

Zia went around the car and sat in the passenger seat to talk to her mother.
"Mom, be honest with me. What happened?" She asks her mother, being stern yet calm.
"Dinner was a complete disaster. We didn't even make it to the restaurant, before Stiles hit us. Now the guy won't answer my calls" Melissa sniffs, tears falling down her face again.
"What? Stiles... Urgh! I'm gonna kill both of them. I freaking told Scott to leave it alone. Why did I think he'd listen? He never does. He's just been so selfish lately" Zia complains, angry at her brother, having no clue that he was listening and really taking her words to heart.
"It's fine, Zia. Maybe it just means I'm not meant..." Melissa starts, but gets cut off.
"Don't you dare finish that sentence, Mama. Just because that stuck up jerk couldn't handle your life's craziness, doesn't mean no one else will. There is a man or even a woman out there, 1000 times better than Dad. 1000 times better than Mr Medical rep. You just have to keep looking. Because you, Melissa McCall, deserve that someone" Zia encourages her mother, as she held her hand and gave it a comforting squeeze.