Foreword

Dear Fantasy fans,

This is the first time I played with genies. I did not focus the story on the genie world and their powers but I stick with the classic belief that when you free a genie from a bottle, he will grant you three wishes. (Hello, Aladdin fans! Haha.)

To be honest, this story was written hastily. This is actually for my sister's school play. Their writer fell sick so I took over. The idea of 'genies' wasn't mine, but hers but I gave it a try and I miraculously done it. Lol

This is unlike your classic rub-the-bottle-and-the-genie-will-grant-you-a-wish story. I did not made the genie's character so boring where he lives in the bottle and the only chance he'll see the world is when his master calls him. I gave him his little freedom to interact with his master and the people around her.

For the record, this is the only existing story I finished. Unfortunately, all of the stories I finished when I was younger was written in my notes. And, my father was being thrifty and all that he sold those notes at a junk shop and I never had the chance to retrieve my stories again. The rest of my stories are still on-going *Let us all say hi to my characters, Amelia, Harriet and Mai and every story I stored in my drafts*.

Fantasy is one of the genres I want to try when it comes to writing. Number one in my list is Teen Fiction, though I always fail writing that genre, and Action, that I did not expected I write it well because I'm not an adventurous person. Lol

This story was written in dialogue--no narration at all. But because I found it on my great senior citizen laptop, I just want to share this because I think this story is worth sharing.

This story is obviously written in English. I admit I'm not good with it so you can correct my spelling, grammar and everything. :)

So, there. Take my hand and let me show you The Genie's Tale!

xoxo

Mai