Summer....and....Shane

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT GETTING AND HAVING. IT'S ABOUT GIVING AND BEING..

I wore my usual baggy shirt and jeans. Walking out of the house after getting a ten minute lecture from mom about the advantages of getting up early and not being late for classes is certainly a good start for the morning.

Yeah. My mom is all very particular about leading your life according to the society. No matter what's wrong in your life you just have to be perfect outside the house.

Sun is literally burning. It may be around 45 degrees today. Yep living in Dubai you can estimate the almost exact temperature. Thank god I am wearing full arms call it blessing in disguise or I would have definitely burnt my skin. After a long ten minute of my slow walking with just observing the people or the brand of cars I finally reach the class.

Today was nothing better. Same shitty class of five hours but one change is that I can definitely say Ashy is enjoying, cracking dirty jokes on teachers with Shane and Taylor. I wonder how soon she gets comfortable with new people. I just smile and get back to my work. Joking in between the class is just not my thing. I probably don't joke the other times also. I quietly sit and listen to all the lessons carefully, jotting down the points and assessments.

Finally it's the time to go. I pack my bag and was about to leave the class.

"What's your name on facebook? 'cause there are hell lots of Veronica(s)" I hear Shane behind looking all interested for my reply.

"Its Veronica Kristen" I say confidently turning around.

"Okay my request is right away" he smirks, sending me request. His eyes are so gloomy.

"It's still my wish to accept it or not." I reply with a grin and folding my arms across my chest.

"Whoa... little kitten won't accept my request, not well. Is it?" he says, with a huge grin plastered on his face, fading mine.

What the hell 'not well'? I had to say that 'cause anyways I didn't have data in my phone to accept the request right away.

He keeps one step front and I a step back. Badness is written all over his face. It's the right time to leave now.

"Bye. I am late." I reply and hurry down the road. I reach home as soon as possible to find myself home alone. At least now I can breathe without discipline. First thing that pops is to accept Shane's request. I throw my bag and reach the laptop. I accept his request without giving it a second thought. I mean what if he comes tomorrow with a reason to blackmail. I am the person who avoids the problem even before getting to know what it is.

My phone vibrates just after I accept his request.

Shane: Heya little kitten ;)

me: Hi. It's Veronica.

No reply.... should I continue the conversation or just leave it.

Me: sup.

Shane: nothing just lying around on my bed. What you doing? :)

me: Nothing. Just cleaning my room and chatting.

Shane : Wow, multi-tasking, you have great talents I guess and definitely smarter than me. :>

What me and talents? That guy has mistaken me BIG TIME.

Me: Haha. I can just take the 'smart' one as a compliment.

No reply again.

I wait for his reply every now and then and complete my assignments. I lose my patience and reply.