Baby Bottle

"Ma, I'm going out!" Y/n called out to Leilani from their bedroom.

"Oh, what for?" She shouted back.

Y/n fixed their trousers and slid their belt through the loops, a small grin present on their face.

"Uh, those brothers asked to hang out today!"

That was a shit-faced lie, but Y/n assumed their mom bought it.

"Well, have fun, then!"

"I will, Ma!"

Y/n hummed, snatching their satchel full of snacks and coloring books up from the floor before skipping out of their room and outside. They took a deep breath and then set off to Cuphead and Mugman's house.

By the time they'd approached the front door, they could hear the brothers fighting on the other side. Y/n rolled their eyes and knocked, earning "back so soon, Elder Kettle?"

"It's just me, boys!" Y/n laughed, waving enthusiastically once Cuphead opened the door.

"Oh, Y/n!" Mugman flapped his hands, a goofy lil smile on his ceramic face.

"We wasn't expecting you ta come back!" Cuphead exclaimed, moving out of the way to let them in. "Thought that afta I made the whole 'getting chased by the devil' thing happen, you would avoid us!"

"Well, maybe if you'd have a bit of spacial awareness, that wouldn't have happened." They shrugged in response, sitting their satchel down. "But, yer a buncha noids, so, who cares?"

Mugman shut the door, "We're not nerds!"

"I'M not, but you sure are, Mugsy!" Cuphead smirked, slamming the door shut.

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

Y/n smiled, covering their face with a hand to hide a giggle. There was another knock at the door, and this time, Y/n opened it.

"Yellow?" Y/n's attention was drawn to the ground, where a bassinet sat, a baby bottle inside. "Please take care of baby... Aw!"

Y/n crouched and pulled the infant into their arms, close to their chest. "How could someone leave something so precious?"

"What are we supposed ta do with a random baby?" Cuphead asked, pushing the door shut once more.

"We show it love, of course!" Mugman was quick to Y/n's side, cooing at the baby bottle. "Just watch and learn -"

"Hi, baby. I'm Y/n. Can you say Y/-"

"Moma!"

Mugman smiled, "That's right -"

Y/n jabbed Mugman's side, whispering, "I'm not his moma! Who's gonna be his 'dada' then? I ain't takin' care a dis baby myself!"

Mugman opened his mouth again, only to be shoved aside by Cuphead.

"That makes me Dada then, doesn't it? Dada?" Cuphead cooed, gently taking Baby into his own arms.

It was silent for a moment, and then Baby started wailing. Cuphead's eyes widened, and he held it away from his chest.

"Why's it crying?"

"You needa burp it, Cup!" Y/n giggled, shaking their head.

Cuphead winced and set Baby over his shoulder, gently patting his back. "I don't think it's woiking!"

"Maybe he needs his diaper changed?"

Y/n took a step away from Cuphead and Mugman. Mugman sucked his teeth, "or maybe I could try burping him again."