ii. Tʀʏɪɴɢ

« Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tᴡᴏ »
Tʀʏɪɴɢ

⚔︎

ROESIA WALKED into the room, Tulla and the Hound entering behind her, much to Cersei's dismay. "You're late." The queen informed her daughter, looking over the outfit she had chosen to wear for the day. If Cersei had chosen the dress, she would have gone for a darker color.

"A princess is never late, mother." She beamed, in a relatively good mood. "You're the one who taught me that, remember?" Roesia approached the two women, Tulla and Sandor sticking to the wall, blending in as if they were never there to begin with. The princess greeted Lady Stark in an embrace, doing the same with her mother, then taking an open seat.

Cersei turned to her daughter's handmaid. "That is all, Tullulah." The girl bowed to her queen, quietly scattering out of the room. She was no longer needed here, due to Lady Stark having her own maid's. Cersei took her seat, picking up her freshly filled cup. "How has your morning been, dear?" The queen addressed her daughter.

"Eventful. Thanks to you and father, I have a busy schedule planned for the day." Roesia looked at her mother, a hint of something in her tone, showing her distaste to said schedule.

     "A princess always has a busy schedule." She was reminded. "It is no different here than when you are at home." An awkward silence fell over the women. The maid's in the room trying to fill that silence by busying themselves.

     Lady Stark cleared her throat in attempts to cut the growing tension that rose in the air. "Roesia," she smiled softly at the young woman. She bypassed the formalities, as she hadn't seen Roesia as a princess for many years now. To her, Roesia was just another girl. "Have you spoken to Robb yet?"

     Roesia gently set down her tea onto the short table in front of the three women. "Not yet. I do believe I'll have some time later on, though." She glanced at her mother, silently letting the queen know of her dislike of this whole situation.

     "Will you be staying in Winterfell until the wedding?" Catelyn asked. She saw how happy Roesia made her children, Robb especially. But, she also knew of Roesia's need for freedom.

     "Yes."

     "No."

     Upon hearing her mother answer for her, Roesia turned to her with a sharp look. "Excuse me?" She kept her voice calm, hiding her annoyance, though her hands clutched her skirts, giving her away.

     "Let's talk about this at a later time, my love." Cersei calmly drank from her cup. Roesia was embarrassing her in front of Catelyn.

     The princess's grip tightened on her clothing. "No, I want to talk about this now. Why did you say 'yes'?"

     "Dearest," Cersei sighed. "Sansa is going to live in King's Landing, you are to stay here. Robb Stark will be your husband; Joffrey will be Sansa's." Cersei gave an explanation. She wished Roesia was more cooperative. They wouldn't need this conversation at all, or at least not in front of their host.

     Roesia refused to be told what to do, just as she always has. "I will do no such thing." She protested.

     "Yes, you will." Cersei snapped back. She was growing tired of her child's rebellious nature. Catelyn sipped from her tea as she watched the interaction unfold before her.