Chapter 16 - Blackbeard

"*pants* *pants* if I am not mistaken, the ship is only a few miles from here, I need to hurry up!!!"

Y/n's currently running from a group of marines while carrying a sack full of hearts on her shoulder.

"There she is!!! Go! After her!"

"Even so, this Navy are so persistent!" she glanced at them.

"Good grief, I just need to turn right at the corner an-"

Then, an unexpected thing happened.

"BAM! BAM!"

"ERK!!! *cough*" Two shots of bullet managed to hit Y/n's both thighs. Wincing in pain, she lost her balance and stumbled hard on the ground.

'THUD!'

"Damn, it!!! I was shot by a gun? That's ridiculous! For the rest of my life, I have evaded all the bullets aimed at me! Why now?!" she cursed in her mind.

"Why?! How can I didn't realise its presence?! *cough*" She tried to stand up but her both legs felt numb.

"ZEHAHAHAHA!!! Well done, Augur!!! We got something good here!!!" a familiar voice echoed throughout the area.

"Huh, it's just an ordinary girl, you're wasting my bullet," Augur replied as he blew his rifle.

"A sniper? Okay, now it makes sense. He's out of my range!" she's a bit frustrated with herself for being careless.

"ZEHAHAHAHA!!! This girl gonna give us the power to rule the world!!"

"What the hell... What are you doing here? Blackbeard!!! *cough*" She started coughing blood as Blackbeard slowly approached her.

"Well, I'm searching for a new island where I can be a king and I found this island!!! Now I got my island and you! A powerful Devil Fruit, Copy Copy Fruit user! It's like killing two birds with one stone!!" Blackbeard said while approaching Y/n who was currently trying her best to scoot backwards.

At the same time, a few Marines arrived at the scene, which worsened the situation.

"Holy, crap! Koby, it's Blackbeard!!! Why he's in this island?!" Helmeppo shook Koby's shoulders.

"*gulp*Y-yeah," Koby replied in a stutter.

"Who should we catch first?" Helmeppo asked.

"I-I'm not sure," Koby replied.

Seeing the Marines arrive at the scene, Blackbeard threw an evil smile towards them.

"Oh, the Marines are here too! What good timing!!! Here, I got a gift for you guys but before that let me extract her power first," he brought Y/n upwards while choking her neck. Causing Y/n to have difficulty in breathing.

"Ngh, what are you gonna do?!" she gritted her teeth tightly. Wriggling out to escape his grasp.

"ZEHAHAHA!!! Your power... I'm gonna use it to rule the world! Quick! Call him, he got a job to do here!!!" Blackbeard commanded one of his crew.