Training

Hio heard his bedroom door being opened. He turned around to see his younger brother Oliver. He was 5 years younger than Hio but acted like he was 5 years older. Hio knew Ollie had probably come into his room to boss him about.

"What do you want?" Hio said looking Oliver dead in the eye.

"Father needs you to come do your vampire hunting training, you haven't done it in ages," Oliver walked over to his brother " And if you miss another lesson I'll take your place! "

This annoyed Hio a little but it didn't let it get to him. To be honest Hio had never been sure why people still hunted vampires anymore because after many decades of doing so vampires were practically extinct and they didn't really prey on humans anymore so they were not a threat. But killing vampires was a family tradition that went back generations so Hio probably wouldn't be able to put an end to it.

"Ok fine." Hio stood up and put on his coat and grabbed his bag filled vampire hunting equipment . He walked out of the room and out the door. He lived in a small village consisting of around 50 building the majority of them being houses. They were built of rocks and mud with thatched roofs. Hio began his walk to just outside the forest were the training ground was. His father would be waiting for him there.

"Hello father I'm sorry I'm late," He opened his bag " I brought my equipment too! ".

His father let out a sigh, he needed to teach Hio how to finish off a vampire but this would be hard to do as Hio had missed every lesson this week. It was going to be tough but he needed to do it.

" Hio, today you are going to fully kill a vampire, " His father stated "You need to pay extra attention as you have missed at least 6 lessons already!".

Hio tuck out his wooden stake and prepared himself to copy his father. The training was more intense than usual but it didn't bother him that much. After an hour and a half he had learned how to fully kill a vampire. On the day after his 16th birthday he would be taken on a hunting trip with his father. He was actually rather excited for this despite not liking the idea of killing a random vampire but he was more focused on getting to spend some bonding time with his dad that wasn't training.

They walked back home for dinner it was almost 5pm and both of them were hungry. When they got inside the smell of beef filled the air as Hio's mother put the food on a small wooden table ready for them to eat.

As their dinner began they had a small conversation about Hio's 16th birthday, it was a big occasion for the family. Oliver made a few rude comments about how he would have made a better vampire hunter than Hio but his mother told him off.

After dinner Hio went to bed no knowing about the life changing event that would happen to him tomorrow morning.