Cast of Characters (non-aesthetic)

The other version Conform or Suffer: A Romance is on Inkspired. Only the first chapter is similar, but even that goes in a different direction.  Quig is an adoptive father in, Conform or Suffer: A Romance and it's set in a different universe. Uglier is also set in a different universe and each novel can be read as a standalone. 

I did make an update to this version of the novel and removed some smaller characters such as Chloe. 

Cast of Characters 

Quig Curie-Lock — Author and professor.

Grew-Ella Eliot — Professor, editor, and Quig's closest friend.

Yoleta Burton — Government executioner and candidate for prime minister.

Prince Chase Vice — Royal model, actor, and Grew-Ella's ex.

Dot Curie-Lock — Quig's half-sister, florist, and Kindness Rebel. Is also a close friend of Grew-Ella. 

Zill — Supermodel and Grew-Ella's much older sister. Shifter powers are unknown. 

Trent — King.

Avery-Joy Haworth — Journalism professor, university reporter, and former queen.

Nurse Ruby — Dot's girlfriend.

Vex — Beauty pageant host, workhouse leader, and candidate for prime minister.

Rodrick T. Jones-Hale — Dot and Quig's secret father. Works for the government.

Junior — Kindness Rebel candidate for prime minister.

Madd-Ox Eliot — Grew-Ella's brother, works for Yoleta. He is Junior's closest friend.

Prime Minister Sean-Mack — Struggling to retain power and Junior's adopted father.

Betsy Web-Song — Quig's niece.

Karen Eliot — Grew-Ella's mother.

Colonel Ghoul Flint — Time traveler.

Ida Web-Song — Quig's oldest sister, a Chosen One, and Betsy's mother.

Odin Web-Song — Betsy's father and Quig's former brother-in-law.

Stanton — Works for Vex.

Ann Lane — Quig's ex.

Dean Frog — Aka Dean Frog Burton is Yoleta's ex-husband and dean of the university. Lion dragon shifter.

Lana — Former leader over marriage laws. Anne's aunt. 

Paul Eliot — Grew-Ella's father.

Hempstead — Quig's editor and leader of the tent village. Dragon shifter.

Nan-Gran — Quig's maternal grandmother. Changed Dot and Quig's last names to protect them.

Magpie — Betsy's best friend.

Delia Orchid — Junior's sister and Trent's daughter.

Cutter — Beauty Contestant, Dot's half-brother, and Avery-Joy's boyfriend.

Snake Boy — Nickname for Quig's nephew. Dot raises him.

Synopsis 

Never say I love you. If Grew-Ella tells her best friend, Quig, she loves him, they'll come for her, or worse, him.

Quig and Grew-Ella have been one step ahead of the system, but one wrong move could lead to a fight-to-the-death beauty contest or a workhouse prison.

For Quig, rejection can be fatal. When his fiancée abandoned him at the altar for the king, he needed to come up with a survival plan.

Their secrets are tested when Grew-Ella saves his life. But who will save her from her sister and the sinister evil that lurks behind her plastic smile?

*

If you're traumatized by fiction with a lack of spicy times, you've been warned. Conform or Suffer is a 14+ adult novel fade to black.

There is no swearing, extreme gore, or spice.

Content Warnings: fertility struggles, mild violence, executions, abuse, trauma, rainbow babies, and mentions of human trafficking.

The main romance is straight, but the secondary relationship is about a lesbian couple. The author is a Christian, and a loved one requested wholesome LGBTQ+ characters that didn't die.