ᚨᛚᛚ ᚺᚨᛁᛚ ᛏᚺᛖ.. ᚴᛁᚾᚷ?

All Hail The.. King?

"Mother," Y/N gave a quick bow as Frigga entered the room. "How much did you hear?"

Frigga was taken aback. "How much did I hear?"

Y/N nodded. "Yes, that's what you're here for, isn't it?"

Frigga slowly shook her head. "No, my dear. It is not. What troubles you, darling?"

"Mother," Y/N began. "Their talk wasn't all just about me. They said things about Loki too."

Frigga wore a sad smile now. "They are simply words spoken out of desperation."

"Even so, those words should have never been uttered. They doubted Loki, they doubted me. We're members of the royal family! Why do they treat us as if we are not?"

Frigga held her daughter's face in her hands. "Because, just until now, they only had reason to look to Thor and Odin."

"Why not you?"

"I am simply the Allmother. I do not have the same authority as your father. Speaking of him.. I need you to follow me. Loki is already there." 

׺°"˜'"°º×

Walking down the halls of the palace, Y/N felt as though something was wrong. It was too quiet, and the guards hung their heads a little too low than necessary when bowing to her and the queen as they passed. 

When they entered the king's chambers, Y/N's gut feeling made sense. Odin was laying in the bed, motionless, as both healers and a golden healing light surrounded him. Loki was standing near the door, his hands clasped in front of him, his face emotionless.

Frigga moved to sit by her husband, while Loki and Y/N trailed behind to the other side.

"Why didn't he tell me?"

Frigga turned to her son, shocked that he was bringing the subject up in front of Y/N. 

"He just wanted you to be happy, to live a normal life."

"He could have told me at any time, yet he didn't. I was left to find it out on my own."

Y/N put a hand on her brother's shoulder, unsure of what to do. "Brother, what is it of what you speak?"

Loki jerked out of his sister's grasp, before turning to look at her. "Sister.. I.. I am a Frost Giant by blood. I found out on Jotunheim."

Y/N looked at Loki, a shocked expression on her face. "Loki.."

"I know. I'm the monster we always read about as children. The one I would act as to scare you."

Y/N regained her composure. "While that may be, you are still my brother." She turned back to gaze at her mother and father, as Frigga was adjusting Odin's hair while he slept. "By blood or not, I will stand by your side and fight with you."

Loki looked at his younger sister, his heart warm. "But I am not your brother, I was simply a baby taken from Jotun-"

Y/N spun to look at him. "You. Are. My. Brother. I have lived with you my entire life, and you have been nothing but kind to me.. except for the one time I stole the book you were reading."

Loki laughed softly, remembering the event. "Ah, yes, I tied you up by your ankle, didn't I?"

Y/N huffed, "And you didn't let me down until I dropped the book."

Both the siblings were chuckling now, but the mood changed back to somber as they both turned their hazes to Odin. What was to become of them?