Chapter Six - The Truth

"Six months before the first scheduled test of the new medicine we've been working on." Bouchard told the camera. "Turn that damn thing off." His partner told him from the other side of the lab. His partner Joshua was carefully pouring a red liquid substance into a small glass test tube. There was a thicker and blue colored liquid already in the tube. "Why, I'm keeping track of our progress. The world will wanna know how aging was cured." Bouchard told Joshua. He ignored Bouchard and focused on slowly pouring the red liquid into the tube. Once it mixed, it turned the entire mixture red. "I think I just figured it out!" Joshua said excitedly. Bouchard ran over and saw him carefully holding the test tube by two fingers. "You made the whole thing just now?! Are you serious?" Bouchard asked, amused. "No. This is only the first of the multiple cures that are gonna be in it." Joshua told him. "What does it do?" Asked Bouchard. "I'll show you right now." Joshua told him.

Nelson stared at Clarence and The Pilot in disbelief. The Pilot wore his fire department badge on his chest. Clarence's was missing. Clarence laughed. "Holy shit, I thought I'd never see you again!" He exclaimed as he went in to give Nelson a hug. Nelson couldn't shake the feeling of strong suspicion. "Me neither man." Said Nelson as he released from the embrace. The Pilot stepped forward. "And you made it too. Wow I can't believe this." Nelson said. Suddenly, Clarence had a look of fear on his face. Before Nelson could react, Molly got tackled by Elias. He was on top of her growling and snapping at her face. Molly screeched for help as she tried to push him off, but she was too weak and brittle. Nelson quickly went over to Molly. He grabbed Elias's shoulder then forced him backwards then onto the ground. Nelson pulled out his pistol and aimed the barrel to Elias's head. He gave him one last look as Elias snarled and reached at Nelson as he kept the pistol raised. "Sorry brotha." Nelson said coldly as he pulled the trigger, killing Elias in his un dead form. "What the hell was that?!" Clarence exclaimed, confused and shocked. Before Nelson could even get a chance to speak, Connor intervened. "Guys! You're gonna wanna see this." He alerted the group urgently. Everyone looked over and saw the fences were being smashed and banged by a swarm of walkers that surrounded the bus station. As everyone was starting to get worried, Nelson glanced past Clarence and saw the gates were wide open. "Close the gates!" Nelson yelled. Clarence and The Pilot were already aware and running to the open gates as walkers started coming into the camp. "Shit." Clarence panicked as he pulled out his knife and started shanking walkers in the head. Mary, Kaython, and Connor helped them push the walkers back far enough until they could close the gates safely. As The Pilot and Clarence pushed the gates closed, one last walker sneaked in. Kaython came up behind it and forced his hunting knife into the back of it's head until it penetrated through it's forehead on the other side. Clarence and The Pilot both pushed their backs against the fence gates to keep the walkers from pushing it open. Mary went to one edge of the camp and started stabbing walkers repeatedly through the holes in the chain link fence. Connor went to the opposite side of her as he also started killing walkers through the fences. "Jerry! We need the god damn lock!" Clarence shouted at him. Moments later, Jerry obediently handed him the lock. Clarence swiftly put the lock in place on the fence and clicked it. The two slowly and cautiously took their weight off the gates hoping the walkers wouldn't crash in as soon as they did. It stayed closed, the only movement from the fence was from the walker's continued bangs.

Nelson went back to Lisa and Caleb to check and make sure they were okay. Lisa held Caleb, covering his head to shield him from the violence. "It's okay, they're not gonna get in anymore." Nelson assured Lisa. "How do you know that, and why would you shoot your gun!" Lisa began scolding him as he stood in front of her, holding his pistol at his waist which was now down one bullet. "He- It was going to kill Molly." Nelson defended himself. Lisa looked at him with rage. "Who gives a FUCK about Molly! Shooting attracts the walkers." Lisa told him aggressively. "I'm not saying you're wrong, okay. But I was trying to protect the camp." Explained Nelson. "Stop trying to take the moral high ground, you always do that! Stop justifying." Lisa said in a bitchy tone. Caleb began pulling away from his mother's grasp. He got up and went to the other side of the room and sat alone. "I just wanna make sure you guys are safe." Nelson could feel himself start to break so he figured he'd just shut up after that, even if Lisa decided to continue instigating.