Arrival of the Newbies-1

(I accidentally deleted all of this first chapter so I have to re-write it all, I am so disappointed.)

Words: 1421  Warnings: None

Tommy, a 5'9 male,  bolted through the pool mesh fence gate. The gate swung wide open as the child-like teenager ran through. Ranboo, the 6'6 male, grabbed the back of Tommy's shirt collar, picking him up with clear ease.

"No running, Tommy! That's like one of the first rules of pool safety!" Ranboo told Tommy and set him down.

"Oh, look who's studies up before even getting the job!" Tommy pushed Ranboo teasingly.

"Sam! Phil! The newbies are here!" A tall, probably around 6'2,  brunette called.  

Sam, a creeper-like human with a gas mask and black sunglasses approached the male and smacked him on the back of the head so hard that you could hear the sound of the impact from outside of the pool. 

"Sam! What the f-" The brunette was cut off by Sam covering his mouth. 

Phil, a blonde 5'8 male in cactus green swim trunks walked over to Tommy and Ranboo with a 5'11 dark brown hair male in purple swim trunks that had green swirls on them. 

"Hello boys. TommyInnit and Ranboo, yes?" Phil asked.

"Yes sir." Ranboo responded. 

"I am Philza, you may call me Phil and this is Karl Jacobs, you can call him Karl. Karl works with outfits so you will go with him to get your tops and swim trunks. I run the place and I'll call meetings to organize where people will go for the day. Thank you guys for getting here an hour early, most newbies don't arrive on time." Phil introduced, "If you have any questions and I'm not available, ask Awesamdude, you can call him Sam. He's the second person who helps me run the place. If we both aren't available, ask Technoblade. You can call him Techno. He's a fill-in for anyone who may be unavailable." 

"Okay, thank you, Phil. We'll head over with Karl now." Ranboo spoke, dipping his head before walking off, holding Tommy's wrist so he doesn't wander off.

Karl took Ranboo and Tommy over to his office. Once Karl went in, he sat in the rolling chair and rolled over to the window where he gave staff members their outfits.

"We all have the same kind of swim tops but different swim trunks based off of the colors we are associated with. If you want your swim top customized, talk to me in two days. When you are new, you can't have anything customized until two days unless it's the color of your swim trunks." Karl spoke, "What colors are you two associated with starting with Ranboo."

"Black and white. Black on the left and white on the right." Ranboo told Karl.

"White and red. I'd like the red at the ends of the swim trunks." Tommy said, freeing his wrist from Ranboo's grasp.

"Alright! I'll get them in a bit. Go over to Eret to get your locker keys and identification tag. He's at the entrance of the Men's Locker Room. He has a bisexual flag on his right sleeve of his shirt." Karl pointed to the Men's Locker Room where a 6'2 good-looking guy stood, scrolling on his phone.

Tommy and Ranboo began to walk over, being quickly greeted by Eret. Eret gave them their lanyards which had a locker key with a letter and number engraved on it. They also had identification tags on the lanyard as well. Ranboo's locker was A17 and Tommy's was A16. When the duo reached the lockers, Tommy was the first to open his locker, swinging open the small iron door and tossing his black duffle bag in.  Ranboo calmly opened the locker and put in his black backpack which had his logo crown stitched on the front pocket. Ranboo shut and locked his locker, having to remind the energetic blonde to lock his. They walked out and was waved at by Karl who seemed to have their things ready. Tommy ran over while Ranboo walked, being cautious since he was taught not to run at pools. He learned his lesson when he was seven when he slipped and nearly broke his nose.

"I have y'all's things ready. Tommy, are you okay with this design?" Karl held up swim trunks that perfectly matched Tommy's wants. 

"Yes." Tommy said, being handed the swim trunks and being handed a swim top, the same designed swim top everyone wore. 

"And Ranboo," Karl said, holding up a perfectly matched design of Ranboo's wants, "is this okay?" 

"Yes, it is. Thank you, Karl." Ranboo thanked, being handed his swim trunks and swim top. 

"In the locker room is a changing room, go there now. Phil's abut to give everyone their stations before people start arriving." Karl said then watched the boys walk to the locker room, Ranboo holding Tommy's writ tighter than before.

When they stepped in, two boys stood up from the ground quickly, one in yellow swim trunks and the other in navy blue with a duck stitched into the bottom right of the trunks, and they ran out. Something on the shorter boy, the one with the duck stitched in, caught Tommy's eye so he tapped Ranboo's shoulder.

"I think that shorter boy has a "bruise" on his shoulder." Tommy winked at Ranboo.

"Oh dear lord." Ranboo sighed, "Go get changed. I'll change after you." 

After the boys changed, Eret, who remained outside of the locker room, took the boys to Phil's office where they normally met up. Everyone was there except Tommy, Ranboo, and Eret. Eret found his spot while Ranboo and Tommy sat in the last two open seats. Of course, Tommy was located near the boys who ran out of the locker room.

"Hello, everyone. I'd like to start this meeting off with some introductions. We have two new staff members today. Please welcome Ranboo and Tommy with open arms." Phil spoke, pointing to the boys at the end of the table.

The other staff members waved or said hello.

"Starting from me down to Ranboo, I'd like for everyone to introduce themselves." Phil said, "I am Philza, also known as Phil or Crow Father. I run this place." 

"I am Awesamdude, also known as Sam. I am the second-in-command."

"I am Technoblade, also known as Techno. I am the fill-in for any absences."

"I am Karl Jacobs, also known as Karl. I work with the outfits you all have on now."

"I am BadBoyHalo, also known as Bad or Darryl. I am a staff member who normally works in the shallow end with the children."

"I am DreamWasTaken, also known as Dream or Clay. I am a staff member who trains the newbies or monitors the pool from the lifeguard stands."

"I am William Gold, also known as Wilbur, Wilbur Soot, or Will. I am a staff member who monitors the pool."

"I am Zak Ahmed, also known as Zak or Skeppy. I am a staff member who checks people in at the front."

"I am Alexis Quackity, also known as Alexis, Alex, Quackity, or Big Q. I am a staff member who monitors the deep end."

"I am Alastair, also known as Eret. I am a staff member who works the slide."

"I am Niki Nihachu, also known as Niki or Nihachu. I am a staff member who works with the kids."

"I am TommyInnit, also known as Tommy or Tom. I am new here so I technically don't have a role."

"And I am Ranboo. I'm a newbie."

Everyone clapped.

"Good introductions, everyone! You will all be assigned to your duties that you said in your introductions. Clay, you'll train Ranboo and Tommy." Phil spoke, "Go ahead and get out to your jobs and Clay, you'll walk around with the two others and show them everything. The pool opens in 10!"

When Phil finished talking, everyone got up and left, spreading out and getting to their jobs. Clay walked over to Ranboo and Tommy, Ranboo towering over Clay and Clay towering over Tommy.

"So, are you two ready?" Clay asked.

Tommy nodded and Ranboo gave a thumbs up.

"You should both know CPR since that is required to be a lifeguard or staff member at the pool but we'll start on that to freshen up your brains." Clay said.

After the boring lesson of CPR, they finally got to leave from the inside and step outside. The pool was now abut to open, approximately in two minutes according to Clay and Ranboo. Tommy and Clay got caught up in a conversation them the pool's mesh gate was open by Sam. The pool had officially opened up for the day and both Tommy and Ranboo where nervous as hell.