chapter 1 | grandchild for her.

Gabriel is the CEO of the largest distributor of diamonds in the whole world and also part of some organizations for warriors. He was the heir to the Moore Company because his father died when he was young and his mother had another family.

When he was left alone by his mother, his grandmother was to the rescue. She loved her so much like it felt that she is loving her own son. She had always made sure that he grows up with 3 meals a day, a silver spoon to feed him and loved by everyone.

One day, his grandmother requested his presence in their lovely living room and ofcourse, as an obedient grandson to his loving grandmother, he immediately stood up and wore his night robe. He tied the lock into a ribbon while walking downstairs and looks at his grandmother.

"Goodmorning ma, they said you were asking for my attention?" He asked and she nodded.

"Well, I wanted to ask you something because no one in this house can give me an exact answer." She answered, placing her teacup on the small table and made him sit down.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" She asked, her question made him chuckle and shook his head.

"Unfortunately, I don't. I rather focus on your health and the company because those are my priorities. Maybe in the future, I guess?" He replied and leaned on the couch while staring at her.

"Um- I thought you have a girlfriend, I was wondering when are you giving me a grandchildren that I can take care of while I'm still alive." She added, he pulled his grandmother to hug and kisses the top of her head.

"Well, I do like someone right now but she doesn't seem to know it or maybe her heart is very very, you know, diamond. Hard to break." He said and made her grandmother giggle.

"Ouch! I just bit my tongue!" Ellegaard screamed, pulled the fork out on her mouth and groaned.

"Oh God, my dearest child. I am not pressuring you. It was just a question, alright?" She said, he patted his head and smiled warmly.

"Alright ma, maybe someday, maybe tomorrow or maybe.. I don't know." He said.

"Hey, you are almost 30 years old, you have to like uh- as i said no pressure but isn't it time for you to have a family?" She asked again.

"Mom, I can't make a family if I don't have a girlfriend, alright? Just wait for me, I am not really ready and I haven't found anyone who I want to marry yet." He defended, his grandmother nodded and continued to smile.

Gabriel's POV:

Seriously though, Ellegaard has no idea that I like her. She just sees me as her boss and nothing else. Just like this...

"Hey, are you seeing someone?" He asked.

"I think there is no privacy invasion in the agreement I signed, sir." She replied coldly.

(end of flashback)

See? She is so, I don't know but even though her heart is so cold and her actions are cold, she still never failed to make me happy in any way.

After our little conversation with my grandmother, she headed to her friends to watch the horce racing with them and I headed to my office in the city, it's gonna be a busy day for me but I still can't forget that my grandmother is asking me for a grandchild.

Although I admit that I almost became a dad because of the pregnancy scares with my past partners and flings, but luckily the results weren't positive. My perspective is that, I am not ready yet and even though I'm almost at my 30's, I still have things to do.

But if it's Ellegaard, then why not?

Writer's POV:

Few minutes later, he finally arrived at his office and as usual, he saw Ellegaard on her office since the walls are just glass. Ellegaard in the other hand noticed that he just arrived and immediately stood up.

"Goodmorning, here are the schedules of your meetings. I'll be in your meeting for the whole day incase there are some important files you'll be needing." Ellegaard said, Gabriel was just staring at the paper and entered his office.

"This 8pm, reschedule this. You and I have to talk." He commanded, she was confused and stared at him.

"Sir, that meeting is very important for the building since it's all about the engineering stuff for the new building you are planning to build." She insisted.

"No. You, You- Ellegaard, we will have to talk about some business stuff." He insisted too, she sighed in defeat and nodded.

"Alright then. It must be so IMPORTANT so okaaaay." She replied and left his office, she headed to hers and did some work stuff.

Gabriel sat on his chair and reviewed all of his stuff, his schedule is so busy that their lunch break is only 15 minutes because of the meetings she scheduled.

But before that meeting, he got dozens of paperwork to read and sign. He started to read and signed it on the last part. And take note, he has to do this for 2 hours.

few hours later..

It's finally 7pm, they spent the whole day in the same room and in some point, he would sometime glance at her. Her side view is really pretty, her nose is pointy and her eyelashes are naturally thick and long.

"Are you listening?" Ellegaard said while writing some notes down, she noticed that he was staring at her for the whole 10 minutes and immediately shook his head.

"Ofcourse. I am the CEO, I have to listen." He defended, she let out a small smirk and continued to write down notes.

"Everyone knows you are the CEO, Mr. Moore. but not everyone knows why are you staring at me for the whole nine minutes and 52 seconds." She replied in a low tone, he just rolled his eye and listened to the guy infront of them.

-

"Alright. It's rest assured that we can provide enough diamonds for the Queen in England." Gabriel replied, everyone nodded in the room.

"Everyone dismiss, except Secretary Ellegaard." He commanded, everyone looked at Ellegaard and breathes heavily. She nodded and continued to sit down as everyone except him and her went out.

"Alright, everyone out. What do you need?" She asked, he sat down and stared at her.

"So it's about my grandmother who gave me this task." He said.

"What task?" She asked.

"She wants me to have a grandchild." After he said that, he took a deep breath and continued to stare at her. She starts to get confused and tilted her head slight.

"So? What can I do? Do you want me to find you some surrogate mother or do you want me to find you a child who you can adopt?" She asked again.

"No, she wants it whole blooded Moore." He replied.

"You don't have a girlfriend." She recalled, he looks so offended but she was right, he got no partner.

"Ouch! You don't have to say that!" He frowned.

"Okay so.. where's the business stuff we are talking?- were you just ranting at me because i am not good at advices." She asked, he shook his head and starts to get nervous.

"I want you to be my partner." He said. Ellegaard looks at him with her eyes widening up.

to be continued...