Our True Feelings

(A/N: A little surprise here. Enjoy Drunk OOC Xiao!)

When Venti meant by celebrating he meant, Lily would have to pay. Now she knows how Aether feels. Xiao knew the effects alcohol had on the God. Lily, not so much. After like two jugs of alcohol Venti was yet again a drunkard. Guizhong mentally sighed. 

She knew this was going to happen. Xiao isn't much of a drinker himself. He's had a couple shots of Rice Wine but only on occasions. He knows the effects alcohol has, but as they drank, he started to feel woozy. "V-Venti, did you....".

His famous chuckle gave it away. "Ehe~! You need to enjoy your vacation!" said Venti as he hiccupped. That damn bard! Xiao could feel the effects of the alcohol. Poor Xiao had a low alcohol tolerance. "Xiao?". He glances at Lily. She looked blurry. "L-Lily...". 

His head hit the table. "Xiao!". Lily runs over to him. His cheeks were flushed. "He's out cold! Venti what did you do?!". Venti smiled and hiccupped. "I gave him some alcohol~!". She felt a blood vessel pop. "You did what?!". Xiao groans from her scream.

Venti chuckles again. "You should calm down~! Come on, enjoy the fun!". Lily's eyebrow twitched. "You!". "H-He's right, my sun! *hiccup*". Now Xiao's agreeing with him. "Xiao, you're drunk". "N-No, I'm not!". Another hiccup came as Xiao abruptly stood up. 

He walks over to Lily and grabs her hand. He raises it in the air. Lily blinks in confusion. "H-Hey, everyone!". Everyone in the tavern glanced at them. "This gorgeous girl right here is mine! *hiccup* I love her with all my life! *another hiccup*". What was he doing?

Lily felt embarrassed. "W-We just got engaged!!". He turns to her and gives her a kiss. The others around them cheer and clap. Correction, they got engaged three months ago, but hey can drunk people remember events properly? 

Lily enjoyed the affection, but he's putting the spotlight on them. Xiao hugs Lily tightly. "I-I love you!!!" he yelled. Oh my. If Xiao wakes up and learns of this he'll be extremely embarrassed. "I love you too, my brave". After some more cheers Xiao let's go.

She sighs and takes Xiao by the hand. "Come on". She goes to pay the 45,000 Mora tip and leaves with two drunkards. Lily takes them to a quiet place to sober up a bit. Venti makes a few jokes and Xiao laughs. Lily loved hearing his laugh. She doesn't hear it very often. 

Lily decides to go get some water for the two, but Xiao suddenly wraps around her. "W-Where are you going?". Lily looks up at him. He had a cute set of puppy dog eyes. "I'm going to get some water. Stay here with Venti".

Xiao pouts a little. "*hiccup* B-But I wanna go with you!". She sighs and walks with Xiao wrapped around her. She goes up to a vendor and gets two waters. She returns and Venti has disappeared. Aether did tell her this happened often. 

Xiao grumbles a little as the two sit next to each other. "What's wrong, love?". Xiao whimpers "You've done so much for me. Y-You've brought joy back to my life. Became my other-half *hiccup* and became my mate, but...". Her eyes widened as tears fell. "Xiao...".

He turns to her. "I haven't done much for you...". Lily places her hand on his right cheek. "Do not say that, my songbird. You've done so many things for me". More tears fell as he sniffled. "I-Is that true?". Lily smiles and nods "Yes. You make me whole, Xiao. Without you my life wouldn't be complete". Xiao sniffles again and places his head on her shoulder. "T-Thank you...". She nods. 

Lily combs through his hair as he falls asleep. "I love you with all my heart, Xiao. I promised to protect you after all". Xiao purrs a little as she says that. Lily chuckles. "We should get back to the hotel but how?" Her answer comes as Xiao shifts into a smaller vision of his true form. Lily smiles and picks him up. "Good night, my dear". 

(Pic isn't mine but how cute is this plush!!!!)

A/N: I enjoyed writing this lol! Mini birb Xiao will also be in the next chapter! have a great weekend! See you guys next week! 

See you soon! 

-Aria