Leisure time with Mini Birb Xiao

Xiao wakes up the next day with a nasty headache. He feels very exhausted. If he could, he would hunt Venti down for this. No wonder Xiao doesn't drink. It seems like a sumpter beast rammed directly into his head. He groans a little. Instead of his normal voice he chirped. 

Huh? Xiao opens his little golden eyes. He was in their room covered around a makeshift nest of blankets. "Morning sleepyhead". He looks at his flower. Lily smiled and gently patted his head with her finger.

He chirps in surprise. He hasn't taken this form in almost half a millennium. Xiao must've taken this form to feel comfortable. He does feel pretty comfortable. "How do you feel?" she asked. "Woozy" he replied. Lily felt bad. "I'll get something for us to eat". 

She leaves and Xiao shifts into his human form. It was worse in this form. Lily comes back with some breakfast. "Feel worse?". He nods. She goes over to him and gives him some of her power. His headache eases a little. They ate some breakfast together.

They had some plans for today, but Lily was thinking of resting for today. "We should rest for today". Xiao shook his head. "No, we can go out". He shifts into his mini bird form. "It's less taxing in this form". Lily picks him up. "If you say so. Tell me if you feel sick again". 

She places him on her shoulder. Xiao gets into a comfortable position near her neck. Being this close to her feels nice. Lily leaves the Inn and begins the day. She walks around the town and looks around. Monstadt is much different than Liyue.

This was only their second day and Lily is already looking for souvenirs. They have an entire week here but what's the harm in looking? There were a couple of stores that piqued her interest. Xiao was hidden under her hair, so she didn't have to worry about anyone seeing him. 

She enters a bookstore. A lot of children's books were around. Some about Monstadt history and a variety of fanfiction from Inazuma. Lily would love to go to Inazuma. She's never been out of Sumeru or Liyue.

Lily buys some books for her and another one for her mom. She leaves the store and passes a few people talking about Aether. He did tell her he was pretty famous around the four nations. Having some friends is nice. "Lily?". She turns. Speak of the devil. "Aether!". 

He walks up to her with Paimon floating next to him. "Morning!" she says. "Are you out browsing?". Lily nods. "I am. Venti gave Xiao wine yesterday so I'm doing the browsing". Speaking of Xiao. "Where is he? He sticks to you like a little puppy". Lily chuckles. He does act like that.

Speaking of Xiao. "Are you trying to imply something, Traveler?". Aether and Paimon look around. They try to look for him. Lily moves her hair away and reveals mini bird Xiao. "Xiao?!" yelled Paimon. He puffs out his little chest and hops down on Lily's arm. "Hmph. I do not look different in this form". 

Aw, Xiao won't admit how cute this form is. Aether tried to hold back his laughter. "You do". It looked like Xiao was pouting. "I do not". Lily pets his head. "Yes you do. You look very cute in this form".

Xiao blushes a little. "Aw~! If only I could pet him!" pouted Paimon. Xiao glares at her. "Touch me and you die". Both Aether and Lily laugh. "Eek! Traveler protect me!". She flies behind Aether. "Hey! You're the one who said it!". Lily smiles as Xiao returns to her shoulder. "We have a few plans today so see you guys later". 

Aether waves at her as they leave. Lily heard of a nice spot to see all of Monstadt. She heads there with Xiao. "Feel any better?". He nods. "Yes". He flies from her shoulder and shifts into his human form again. "Aw, no more mini Xiao?". Now she was pouting. Xiao grumbles "Maybe later". The two hold hands as they go to their next stop. 

A/N: Hi Everyone! Mini birb Xiao will come back. You guys probably know where they're going (Hint: Very large cliff) No chapter next week. I am pretty busy and won't have time to write. I will right when I do have time. 

See you soon! 

-Aria