Chapter twelve

Marat
I make my way to the living room, where all my siblings are sitting playing games on their phone or the tv.

Then suddenly my phone rings, causing my brothers to switch their heads in surprise to my phone. Everyone knows that I don't accept calls from work after eight pm, well unless it's an absolute emergency. I'm slightly agitated when I pick it up, my brothers have lost interest and their gaze is back on their phone or the tv again playing their games.

"Yeah?" I say a little pissed off. "Good evening, is this erm- Marat Petrov speaking?" She asks, the sound of her shuffling papers in the background. "Yes." I say in the same tone as earlier. "Oh, now this is great. I've been trying to get a hold of you." She said happily on the phone. "I have a young girl here, Anastasia Petrov." She stated.

The sound of my sister's name causes me to immediately sit straight up. which causes my brothers to look at me. "She was admitted here in the hospital to be taken care of a few days ago, she had numerous serious injuries." She said  "Injuries?" I question, my voice is quite shaky.

"Yes, the staff here at the hospital have decided that her home situation clearly wasn't a healthy one. So when we put her asleep we took a DNA test to determine if there were any suitable candidates who were willing to take her in." She said, her voice coming out muffled as I thought. Anastasia. Serious injuries. Take her in.

"Yes." I say, my voice coming out a bit louder than planned to. "Yes, I will take her in, which hospital is it?"

"Now this is just the greatest news. I'll send over the address now." She confirmed. The thought of seeing my sister again  filled me with hope, hope I thought I had lost years ago. But then one question pops up in my head. "How severe are her injuries?" I ask slowly, not sure if I want to hear her answer. "I think it will be best for us both if we speak about that in person, Mr Petrov." She said before hanging up.

I look up to my brothers wanting me to say what the phone called was about, but all I can get out is. "Anastasia - found. Hospital" I look down to my phone to see the address. Italian?
"Hospital - Italien." I get out.

"What?" Wiktor asks, confused.

I clear my throat, wanting to make sure it comes in a calming tone. "This nurse called me from a hospital in Italian, she said that it was a young girl by the name Anastasia Petrov who came in the hospital with severe injuries." I stated, I looked around to see their reaction, to see them all with shocked faces.

"They performed a DNA test and found out I matched with her, the nurse asked if I'd be willing to take her in." I added.

All of us remained silent for a whole minute, everyone to digest this  information. Nestor was the first to react by standing up. I look up at him with a questioning look.

"Well, come on. We have to go get her." He rushed out the words. The others nodded their heads in agreement.

I guess we're going to Italy.

—————————————————————————

Oh my god, are they going to Italy?!
What's going to happen?!

I'm almost up to a thousand viewers!!
Ahhhhhhh!
I'm so happy!
Please vote, comment and maybe share to others so that more people can read it!<3

600 words