The masters orders

Giyuu's POV
--------------------------

"So I've been doing that technique you said to do, but it doesn't seem to work." Tanjiro told him with a smile.

"Not working? Have you done it in a waterfall yet?" I replied in my usual monotone voice.

I hated the way I sounded. It was no wonder the other Hashira hated me.

"A waterfall?" Tanjiro looked confused for a second, "Oh! Do you mean like Urokodaki-sans training?"

"Yes. But don't do the cliff part..." I always disliked that part of the training... it reminded me all too well of what I wanted...

"Ara ara! Tomioka-san~!" God, how I hated the way she said my name. She makes it sound good.

I turned my head to look down at her and raised an eyebrow.

"Hasn't Oyataka-sama called for you yet?" Kocho questions me.

I don't like questions. They make me feel like I'm being interrogated. So I did the normal thing when I got uncomfortable.

I completely ignored the question.

"It's rude to ignore people, Tomioka-san!" She says with a darker undertone to her voice. Well, I've managed to annoy her. It's not that surprising, really. She has a rather short fuse, though she won't admit it.

A few moments of silence pass before Tanjiro says, "Well, I've got to go Giyuu-san... I have to put Nezuko to bed so I can try that waterfall thing!" He smiles cheerfully at me.

I couldn't ignore him. He was too important to me...

"Yes. Of course you do."

Kocho was stunned. He ignored me?? She thought, annoyed, yet he answered him!?

Tanjiro walked away from them. The tension by them is so intense! He thought, smiling.

I turned towards Kocho, who obviously thought she had my full attention, and tilted my head slightly. She smiled with her eyes shut.

Nows my chance, I thought as I jumped quickly to get away from her.

"So now that I have your attention, Tomioka-san, I was saying -" She opened her eyes and shut up.