Chapter 3

Jason's P.O.V

As me and Alec both close our eyes on the last five seconds. We open our eyes and immediately look at each other with our glowing alpha eyes. As the other guests in the room caught on after a couple of seconds, they began to gasp and whisper. I turn towards my mom, on the verge of crying. My mom quickly wiped my tears and grabbed my hands, pulling me out of the room away from the whispers and wondering eyes.

Emitt, who I haven't seen throughout the night, followed me and my mom out of the room and into my father's office, along with my dad Marcus and Alec and Jordan behind him.

As I try not to panic and take deep breaths. 'There have never been two male alpha mates. Never. So what's going to happen? There has to have been a mistake. Maybe Luna was sleepy or had a situation that made her drowsy and confused.' I thought to myself, pacing in the little corner I placed myself in.

"What just happened? There has never been a pack that's been ruled by two alpha mates." My father said he looked amazed. "Wait, since our sons are mates, then that means we are brothers in law. Which means we can merge the packs together and be the biggest pack in the century." Marcus said this with a big smile that matches my father's.

"Can you both act like fathers for five minutes?Your sons just found out they were mated to each other. Save all that brotherly excitement for another time. Just focus on them for now." My mother gave my father and Marcus a glare. She walked over to me and began rubbing my back.

"Right, right, right. Okay, so here's what we're going to do for now. Emitt and Jordan, please entertain the guest until we are ready to come back out. If they ask what happened, ignore and avoid the question." David said. Emitt gave me one last look with a low smile and walked out with Jordan next to him.

"Alec and Jason, come sit, please." Marcus said

I made my way towards the stairs and avoided making eye contact with the boy sitting next to me. I can feel him looking at me, but I can't bring myself to even turn an itch in his direction.

I know if I rejected him, it would cause me and him pain. I also know that it would have terrible effects on my pack's future, but how can I mate with him if I don't even like boys?

"First thing first, how are you going to handle this situation?" Marcus asked us. It took about 8 seconds before Alec began to speak up. "I won't reject him." He said it in a soft voice. Everyone in the room let out the breath that they were holding except me.

They turned to look at me, waiting for a response.

"I look at their faces and slowly look at Alec's face and let out a sigh. "I won't either." I said, avoiding everyone's eyes and looking down, playing with my fingers as if it were interesting.

The parents in the room began to smile with delight. "So we need to find a way to merge the pack because it would be difficult to run a pack separately. Mates can't be too far away from people for a certain amount of time. I will gather warriors to look for empty plots that would connect and have enough space for all of the pack members to combine." David, my father, stated that he was looking around his office for his landscape map.

As their parents began to plan, I was left with Alec still glancing over at me.

"What?" I ask him, aggravated.

"Now can we have a fresh start seeing that we are mates?" Alec said, smiling, still thinking shit sweet.

"I'll think about it, but I know I can't because I hold grudges that can't be let go." As I looked at him, he was looking at me as if I were the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. Which made me blush and turn around. 'It's probably the mated side of him looking at me like that',I thought to myself.

"You don't even know why I did what I did. That's the crazy part, but when you're ready to know, you can always ask me," Alec said, looking straight forward at our parents working together.

"What's there to know? All I know is that I saw what i saw and what I know what i needed to know," I said, throwing my head back and looking at the roof.

"Sometimes you have to be willing to listen in order to know the whole story," Alec said, following after me and throwing his head back.

"No thanks" I whisper. The only noise in the room was our parents working and coming up with a plan.

----
How was this? Lmk what you think <3