~ Your Tight Curls~

Fuyumi and Mirko were a lesbian couple who had always dreamed of starting a family. After years of trying to conceive, they decided to adopt a child. When they finally found the perfect match, they were overjoyed. Mirko was on patrol with hawks when they found her, twigs and leaves were in her hair and the process of trying to adopt her was long but worth it. Their daughter, Rika, was a beautiful little girl with a head full of thick, curly afro hair.

They'd always wanted a family, but they knew that as a same-sex couple, it might be more difficult for them to find a child to adopt. But they were determined to try. She was just three years old when they found her. As soon as they met her, they knew that she was the missing piece in their family

They soon realized as Touya had pointed it out. She had the same curly dirty white hair with red streaks and the red eyes of Rumi. They knew that she was meant to be their daughter and could easily fit in with their family.

At first, the family struggled to take care of Rika's hair. They had never dealt with hair like hers before and were worried they might hurt her. But they were determined to figure it out. They spent hours watching YouTube videos on how to braid and twist afro hair, and they asked other parents for advice.

On one particularly memorable day, Rumi and Fuyumi sat Rika down to braid her hair. It was a warm summer day, and they sat outside on the porch, enjoying the sunshine. As they worked on Rika's hair, they talked about the day they first adopted her, and how her hair was a tangled mess.

They laughed as they remembered the look on Rika's face when they had tried to comb it out. She had squirmed and cried, and they had felt terrible. But now, with practice and patience, they had become experts at braiding and styling her hair. They took pride in creating beautiful, intricate styles that showcased Rika's natural beauty.

As they finished braiding Rika's hair, Fuyumi and Mirko gazed at their daughter with love and admiration. They knew that raising her wouldn't always be easy, but they were ready for whatever challenges came their way. And they couldn't wait to see all the amazing things Rika would accomplish in life, with her gorgeous hair and her loving family by her side.

410 words. sorry it's short I was getting my hair braided and had to cut it short if I wanted to post it today. you can tell this was also rushed the others may be rushed too because I'm starting school again. I haven't actually said this but happy pride month :)