Playful sky 2

12:58 AM - Aayu calling...

Chandini: Yeah, dude.

Ayan: What’s up, baaabe? (Slurred voice)

Chandini: I’m working, Rey.

Ayan: Oh, okay, sorry, bye. (Call disconnected)

What’s with this guy? Is he drunk? You know, I love drunk Aayu because I can be close to him unrestricted since he won’t remember anything in the morning. Except I need to make sure he’s really drunk; if not, the stupid remembers everything.

Ayan also knew that Chandini will be intimate with him when he’s drunk. That’s half the reason why he drinks.

1:02 AM - Chandu :-* calling...

Ayan: Heeey, Chandu! (with a lot of excitement in his voice)

Sir is already on the highway, so no problem.

Chandini: What are you doing? Are you drinking?

Ayan: Yes, darling, I am, but very little. I swear.

Chandini: Where are you, man?

Ayan: I’m in Nishanth’s room.

He’s with that asshole again. I can’t believe this guy.

Chandini: Okay! (awkward silence of 10 seconds)

Because Ayan also knew how she feels about Nishanth, he almost regretted saying his name. But Ayan got angry in a split second about how she controls his life, even though she doesn’t admit she loves him. So, he said, “Yes, I’m in Nishanth’s room. Two bottles of Old Monk are completed.”

Fuck! Why is he getting angry? I need to cool him down immediately. The only little relief in this circus of my life is drunk Aayu. Even though I calm him down now, he’ll fall asleep in a while. I want him awake and beside me.

“It’s alright, but Aayu, did Elon Musk start something called Starlink?”

He dies to speak or hear about anything with startups, and adding to that, he is a die-hard fan of Elon Musk. He has read his autobiography twice. That’s the reason I browse about him occasionally, to speak in my idiot’s language.

“Did you see that, Chandu?” Ayan asked.

“Yeah, he’s a famous guy, man.”

“Isn’t he amazing?”

“Yes, but I didn’t get it, man. If he sends that many satellites, won’t they disrupt what’s already up there, man?”

“No, Rey. They’re gonna launch them in the lower Earth orbit. There are very few satellites like ISS and some others there. The only problem is that the astronomical community is objecting to the idea because these many satellites will obstruct their scientific observations.”

“How?”

“Basically, what they’re arguing is that the number of visible satellites will outnumber the visible stars. And since Starlink satellites can autonomously change their orbits, their motion will be hard to compensate for.”

“Huh! If you can see my face now, you’ll know how blank it is. You can put it on paper when we meet, okay?”

“Okay, you carry on with your work. I’ll explain it to you tomorrow when we meet.”

“My work is completed, Aayu. I’m not feeling sleepy. I’ll watch some movie. Anyway, tomorrow is a holiday. What else can I do, yaar, all alone in my flat?”

How did I do it? :-)

“Okay, I too need to make a move. All these fuckers are already high. I don’t know what mom will say when she opens the door now.”