𓂅「世界真不公平」 ⸝⸝ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

❝ 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝗳 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝗲,
𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝗲? ❞

❝ 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝗳 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝗲, 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝗲? ❞

you and scaramouche left the company to go for the photoshoot again. this time you both shared the same car, and despite sitting in the back seat together, not a word was spoken between you two.

scaramouche managed to beg his manager and ceo enough to the point where kazuha was allowed back into the public eye but with minimal contact, and after he left the office, he went to tell kazuha about it. he was happy, but his tears just kept coming.

you saw as kazuha and scaramouche hugged each other, and you just kept feeling as though this whole thing was caused by you. it was your fault.

the car slowed to a stop at a traffic light. you looked out of your side of the window, and got startled when a few girls were looking in your general direction. still hurt and scared from the drama from earlier, you move your face far away from the window.

scaramouche notices you shift, and he speaks up. "our windows are tinted. they arent looking at you."

you turn to look at him, then notice that on his side is an advertisement of you and him together. so the girls were just staring at that. you sigh and sit back against the leather seat. your shoulders fall and you feel your cheeks flush red. "this whole thing..."

"could have been avoided. yes." he snaps coldly.

"are you angry?"

"a little."

of course he would be angry. you got his friend in trouble. you are about to cry, but he continues.

"im angry at how our fans can be," he then looks at you. "im sure you saw that they were threatening to get you fired. they even started a petition."

"i know."

"this is how our fans can be. we may be the nicest people on earth and still wrack up toxic people as fans. theyre not as kind-hearted as your fans back in japan who may or may not accept two idols just hanging out together. here, netizens and fans alike all think that we as idols dont deserve freedom to do whatever we want." he speaks with a hint of sadness in his voice. he holds onto the hope that you would finally understand this.

you lower your head. "i'm sorry."

"why are you apologising? you didnt know," he then comes a little closer to you. he rests your hand on yours, and you are surprised by his sudden closeness. once again your emotions are thrown into a tornado of confusion. was he doing this for the sake of it or did he care. "i was worried about you." his voice was low so the driver wouldnt hear.

"you should worry about kazuha."

"im always worried about him, but you... after i saw how they had a petition to fire you from the idol industry... and the collab... i just— i dont know. i just couldn't move," he admits softly, gripping onto your hand. slowly, you move your hand away and he does the same, clearing his throat and looking you in the eye. "im sorry y/n. im the one who should apologise."