Chapter 18

It was now nearing the end of November. The Thanksgiving Feast was tonight, and everyone was just as excited for this one as the last. Classes were finishing up, the tension expanding by every minute that passed by.

Ron, Hermione, Draco, and Harry were all walking to their next class together.

"I'm so excited for the feast! I can't wait any longer!" Ron was giddying with excitement.

"How many times do I have to tell you, you are like this with EVERY meal, Ronald." Hermione facepalmed.

"I'm just wondering why we have classes today," Harry thought aloud. "It's a holiday, shoudn't they give us a break?"

"They never give us breaks on Halloween." Draco noted.

"Halloween is different."

"If you say so."

"How many classes are left? I can hardly contain my excitment!" Ron was speaking fast, making him almost impossible to understand.

Good thing Hermione is used to this sort of thing.

"This is our second to last class," Hermione noticed Ron looked confused. "We have this class, and then one more, then we're done for the day." She rolled her eyes.

"WHOO! Almost done!" Ron spoke loudly as he danced, attracting a lot of attention.

...

"Harry, are you okay? You're not looking too well."

"I'm-I'm feeling fi.." Harry swayed back and forth for a second before he completely collapsed.

"HARRY!"

It was just after the feast. Drarry were on their way to the Common room, when Draco noticed Harry wasn't walking straight, and looked uneasy.

That's when he passed out.

Draco knelt down beside him, picking up Harry's glasses, then turned Harry on his back to check that he wasn't physically hurt and still breathing.

Harry was fortunately breathing.

Draco couldn't be sure about the wounds, though.

He picked up the unconscious boy, holding him firmly in a bridal carry as he rushed to the Hospital Wing, where Harry could get properly checked.

"Set him right here, Draco." Madam Pomfrey spoke sweetly. "Would you care to explain what happened?"

"I'm not exactly sure what happened," Draco was trying his hardest not to break into a sob. "We had just walked out of the Great Hall after the feast, then he suddenly collapsed."

"There's been some kind of poison that's found it's way into his body," Madam Pomfrey noticed the horrified expression that overtook Draco's face.

"He's going to be fine, the poison is not deadly. He will only be sick for a while after he wakes up, I'm not exactly sure how long yet. It's not contagious, so I invite you to help me out, until he's well and out of the Wing. Now, I don't normally do this to other students," She paused for a second.

Then she smiled when she saw Draco's face light up. "But I know how close you are. I'm sure he'd heal much faster if you help him. You may even stay here with him if you'd like, but there will be times I ask you to stay back and let him rest."

Draco nodded.

"We can work together to figure out exactly how and who did this. What do you say?" She smiled, already knowing the answer.

"Of course I'll help! I'd do anything for Harry."

"That's what I thought. You may sit right here next to him while I run some tests, to figure out the exact effects, and how long he'll be like this."