Chapter 2: Intriguing Negotiations [2/?]

The man regarded her with a smirk, his voice dripping with a hint of mischief. "I am Leona," he replied, his gaze locked with hers. "And it seems you and I have some business to discuss, my dear Shenzi."

The smirk on Leona's face grew wider as [Your Name] confronted him with a touch of rudeness. He feigned mock dejection, a twinkle of amusement in his tired eyes. "We lions can't be that bad. Don't try to lump me in with them," he retorted.

[Your Name] couldn't help but feel a sense of intimidation emanating from Leona. The tales of his past deeds, the fratricide and his near-fatal attack on his nephew, lingered in her mind. She knew she had to keep her distance from him.

Leona initiated the conversation, his voice dripping with intrigue. "So, I'm surprised you came at all. I thought you'd be cowering with your minions."

Thoughts raced through [Your Name]'s mind as she weighed her words carefully. This was akin to diplomatic negotiations, a delicate dance where one wrong step could have irreversible consequences. Yet, she had a sense of confidence, knowing how the original story unfolded and how the other prince should act.

Taking a measured breath, [Your Name] replied to Leona, her tone firm but composed, "You're far from home, and yet you insult my people. Do you know what we do to princes who leave their kingdoms?"

Leona's eyes flickered with intrigue as he observed [Your Name] with a mix of curiosity and amusement. "I wanted to meet the famous and wise leader of the hyenas," he replied, a sarcastic smile gracing his lips. He bowed mockingly, adding, "Next time, I will bow to the leader of the hyenas."

Amusement danced in [Your Name]'s eyes as she met Leona's gaze. "Flattery will not save you, prince," she retorted, her voice laced with conviction.

Leona's gaze held a hint of admiration, mixed with a deeper motive. He reached into his cloak and threw a bag filled with food and gold on the ground between them. "Here," he said, his voice tinged with calculated generosity. "Consider it a gesture of goodwill."

As [Your Name] observed the bag, a whirlwind of thoughts swirled in her mind. Leona needed the support of the hyenas to succeed in his coup. Whether she approved or not, he would likely win over a significant portion of her people with his fake gestures of goodwill.

She contemplated her options. Should she inform Ruggie and the others that she wasn't who they thought she was? But previous attempts to reveal her true identity had failed. Even if it worked this time, what would come next? Would they turn against her? Would they accept her but diminish her status within the ranks? Or would she be cast out, left to perish in the unforgiving desert, her remains picked at by vultures?

There was another option, though—a daring one. [Your Name] could stay and play the role of the clan chief. Perhaps she could change the course of the story, alter the narrative that had led to Leona's treachery.

As these thoughts raced through her mind, [Your Name] met Leona's gaze, her decision forming in her heart. "We shall see, Prince Leona," she stated, a flicker of determination in her eyes. "We shall see."

566 words

_

I find this chapter a bit chaotic (I definitely didn't write this chapter about math class). So if you find a mistake I missed please tell me.

Thanks for reading

I wish you all a good day/night