Chapter 7 Putting the plan into motion [7/?]

As [Your Name] and their fellow hyenas gathered at the ravine, a sense of urgency and tension hung thick in the air. [Your Name] assumed command, detailing the plan to the group, their voice resonating with steely determination. "See those wildebeest in the meadow? When Leona signals, we must release them into the ravine. The Prince is in there, and his father will come to rescue him. We know how that's going to turn out."

As they awaited the signal, Ruggie's stomach growled audibly, causing a brief interruption. "Hush!" [Your Name] ordered, striving to maintain the necessary silence for the plan's success.

"But it's not my fault I'm hungry! I could eat a whole wildebeest," Ruggie grumbled in frustration.

"No, you can't do that," [Your Name] firmly asserted.

"Not even the little one?" Ruggie persisted, seeking a way around the rule.

"We must be quiet. The herd wishes it, didn't you hear when she spoke?" [Your Name] reminded them, emphasizing the need for silence.

"Hey, leader, do you see that moody lion anywhere? We're starving, and the lion seems strange. I don't trust him," Ruggie remarked with a hint of unease, casting a wary glance toward Leona.

[Your Name] scanned the area, focusing their gaze on Leona stationed nearby. "That's the sign. Let's go!" They rallied the group into action, the plan ready to be set in motion.

As [Your Name] led the wildebeest into the ravine, the excitement in the air was palpable. The collective heartbeat of the hyenas seemed to resonate with the sheer magnitude of the plan they were executing. As the herd poured into the depths of the ravine, the orchestrated chaos felt both exhilarating and nerve-wracking. The distant sounds of the stampeding herd merged with the murmurs of the evening breeze, and [Your Name] could feel their heart racing in tandem with the hastening wildebeest.

"Stay here for a while. When I signal, follow me," [Your Name] commanded the other hyenas, their voice a hushed directive in the midst of the orchestrated chaos. With a quick, secretive gesture, [Your Name] gestured to the others to remain hidden and await their signal.

Now alone, [Your Name] stealthily navigated the rugged terrain, silently venturing down the ravine, the mission etched in their mind. The plan was clear: find Leona or the bodies of little Cheka or his father. The weight of the task at hand stirred a whirlwind of thoughts in [Your Name]'s mind.

The original tale echoed in [Your Name]'s thoughts - a tale where only Mufasa perished, and Simba survived. The weight of this knowledge burdened [Your Name] as they grappled with the idea of having to orchestrate the death of the young prince, an act that seemed morally abhorrent but was a critical element of this rewritten story.

Amidst the turmoil, questions emerged like sparks in the darkness. The enigmatic book that whisked [Your Name] into this perplexing world remained a mystery, its disappearance adding to the growing enigma. Could these animals read? Could the book have fallen into their hands? These thoughts circled like vultures in [Your Name]'s mind, hovering and searching for answers.

The scenery transformed, growing dimmer as evening's shadows elongated. [Your Name] moved cautiously, scanning the vicinity for any sign of Leona or the heartbreaking remnants of the plan's execution. The nerves crept up, manifesting in a growing unease.

As [Your Name] descended deeper into the ravine, a flurry of doubts and uncertainties tugged at their conscience. The consequences of their actions weighed heavily, juxtaposed against the unyielding desire to see the rewritten tale's conclusion, a struggle playing out in the chambers of their conflicted heart.

622 words

-

So guys, thank you so much for the likes. And I'm so sorry I haven't updated the story in so long. I could make up a story that I didn't have time to do it, but realistically, I just lost the math notebook where I was writing down everything about the story. So I tried to make a new one. And of course I didn't do it over the summer holidays bc no maths no story so now I have maths back so the story will come back too.  :pppp

And I also want to say that one part of the story is coming to an end, so I guess I'll leave it up to you to decide how you want to proceed, because I'm a little lost right now. xD