Chapter Two: Oh, hi...

I face plant on my bed, throwing my schoolbag aside. I curl up with one of my pillows and burry my face into the soft fabric. "I missed you bed," I whisper. "Did you miss me too?" I wait a second before saying, "yes, of course you did."

I am not crazy. I'm uniqe. After about 45 minutes , I decide to do my homework. Homework on a first day is irrational (thats what I think atleast) but no matter how much I complain I still have to do it.

Unfortunatly, I am a huge procrastinator, so I decide I should go to Starbucks before I finish my homework. "I'm going out, be back soon !" I yell to anyone that's home and exit my house through the front door.

I stand outside my house like an idiot for a second, trying to remember where I put my penny board. I have ADD, Attention Deficite Disorder, so sometimes I forget things and I always can't pay attention.

Finally, I remember I left it in the garage and I go fetch it. My pennyboard, that I named Charlette, is hott pink and black and I love it. I hop on Charlette and start looking for a Starbucks.

This probably wasn't a good idea, because there's snow on the ground everywhere and I can't really see if there is ice on the sidewalk. Great job , Hayden.

Suddenly, my wheels slip and slips out from under me, sending me to the side. Thankfully , I land in the snow, but I landed on my wrist and now it stings. "Owee," I mutter and sit up in the snow.

"Are you alright?" Someone says and I snap my head up, reflexably, to see somebody. It's not just anybody, it's Nash. "Oh hi..." I look down, embarrassed that he saw, "yeah, I just fell on my wrist, that's all."

Nash looks down at my wrist and back at my face, then he holds a gloved hand out to me. I stare at the glove for a moment before taking it and having him hoist me up. I just now realized he's a lot taller then me.

"Uhm, thank you," I mumble, awkwardly. "You're welcome," he says, smiling a little shyly. Okay, I admit, he is gorgeous, but theres something about him. Something I'm missing. Something obvious.

"So, where were you off to?" Nash asks, breaking my thoughts. I blink a few times before answering, "the typical white girls place." "Starbucks?" Nash asks grinning. I giggle and nod.

"I was just on my way there... Mind if I occumpany you?" Nash asks, rubbing the back of his neck. I look at him, taken aback, but I nod. We walk side by side, my pennyboard in my hand, and he's guiding since he knows how to get there I am guessing.

"So, you know where Starbucks is, right?" I ask him, trying to make conversation. He laughs, "yeah, I do. How's your wrist? I forgot to ask," Nash asks. I barely even noticed the slight stinging until right now, but I'll do something about it when I get home. "Yeah, it's fine."

"The Starbucks is right up here," Nash says and turns to longer strides. I try to keep up, but by the time I do we'realready at Starbuck. "You're really frickin' fast," I say, panting a tiny bit. Nash sees and laughs, "no, I just have longer legs than you do."

"So, what's your full name?" Nash asks as we walk up to the Starbucks doors. "Hayden Avery Blake," I answer Nash with a smile. "That's a pretty name," he says. "Mine is Hamilton Nash Grier, I just like to be called Nash though." I laugh at the thought of calling him 'Hamilton' but we continue asking questions.

"Do you have any siblings?" Nash asks me as we order our drinks. My face light up at the thought of Harrison, "yes, actually. He's one year old and his name is Harrison. I love him to death, he's my step brother though," I say with a smile. "You?"

Nash takes a sip from his drink. He insisted on paying, so I decided to let him because it got annoying after a while. "Yeah, three actually. I have my older brother, Will, who doesn't live with us, then there's my fourteen year old brother Hayes, and my five year old step-sister Skylynn. I love them all to death," Nash says, grinning.

Me and Nash ended up talking for hours, because it was 7:48 p.m when I checked my phone. "Oh, gosh. We've been talking for a while," I say and laugh. He checks his phone and his eyes grow wide, "yeah we did."

"I'll see you tomorrow at school?" I ask him, smiling. His smile fades and his eyes kind of dull, "yeah, school." I give him a confused look, but decide to drop the topic since he looks so glum about it.

"Bye Nash."

"Bye Hayden."

"Wait, Nash," I say and turn around. He looks up and I walk up to him. I take his phone from his hand, add my contact, and give it back. He looks at his phone and smiles brightly when he sees what I've done.

"Bye," I smile quickly and walk away.

Why did Nash look so sad when Hayden mentioned tomorrow at school? Did he want to talk with her more? Does he just hate school? Or is it something else? This chapter was slightly shorter, but that's just because I'm tired and my phone is broken, so I'm kind of down in the dumps rn. BARE WITH ME, PLEASE! SHARE THIS STORY WITH FRIENDS COMMENT IF YOU WANT MORE OF THE STORY AND DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE :D, I am going to get into the juicy stuff next chapter or maybe the one after that ;)

~Chloe