Chapter 3: Dinner Date.

The next day at school everyone stared at me. Today I was on time, so everyone was still in the halls and stuff. As for me, I hated the attention and just wanted to get to class.

Today I was wearing a pair of black jeans with some combat boots and a white shirt that says "Wounds Heels" with a picture of a high heel under it. Laura got it for me and she made me wear it today.

"Hey, new girl!" Someone shouts and I turn around, swiftly. I see those girls that I sat with at lunch yesterday walking over to me. "Uhm, hi?" I say, holding my books closer. "So, do you want to sit with us at lunch again today?" Olivia asks.

I bite my cheek, "sure," I answer. All the girls smile and nod, "good," Olivia says turning around and walking away. I stand there awkwardly before turning around, just as the bell sounds. Turns out, my next class is right next to me. I sigh in relief.

I walk into the classroom and take my seat. History again. But Nash isn't here. Since yesterday when we went to Starbucks together I've been wanting to talk to him again. Like why did he seem to be upset about school today? I mean, I hate school too but I don't let it show.

I stop thinking about that when Mrs. Donohue walks into the room, happily. "Okay, class, hello!" She beams. The class greets her back in murmers and her smile grows. Jesus H.

"Okay since we are a few months into the year already, we are going—" just then, Mrs. Donohue is cut off by the door swinging open and someone stumbling in. Nash. His hair is moist and he has a miserable look on his face.

"Nash, why were you late, hun?" Mrs. Donohue asks with a soft voice. Nash looks up, his face pink and his eyes kind of red, "I-I'm sorry, I got held up," Nash stutters.

"Okay, please take your seat," Mrs. Donohue whispers lightly to him and he nods, shuffling to his seat. He sits down in his normal chair and I look back at him. "Nash, are you okay?" I ask, sympthetically. He looks at me and a shy, forced smile plays on his lips, "great."

"Anyway, as I was saying—" and just like that Mrs. Donohue is back to her happy, enthusiastic self. I zone her out. I turn my head slightly to look at Nash to see him with his eyes trained on the teacher. I sigh and decide maybe I should be paying attention too.

+++

"Hayden!" Olivia yells with a smile as she waves me over to her table. I put on a smile and walk over to my friends with my tray. "Sit, hun," Olivia pats the spot next to her and I perch on the bench.

"So, meet any boys yet?" Nicole asks. I look at her, staggering, before answering, "no, not really." All the girls look at me in disbelief, "I don't even consider that as an honest statement!" Zoe says, shaking her head.

"Well, none of them interest me. Sure, flirts and cuties here and there but they just seem—" I try to look for the right word, but Ashlie finishes it for me, "Thirsty?" I nod, laughing a bit. I think I like Ashlie most out of the group, now.

"Oh, those kinds of boys," Olivia says throwing her head back as if annoyed and groans. "They always turn out jerks, but they are good in bed." I gulp, not sure to be discusted or laugh. Everyone but me and Ashlie laugh. I just put a fraud smile on my face.

"So, new girl, are you a virgin?" Olivia asks, grinning. I cough uncontrolably as the food I was chewing on goes down the wrong pipe. "Pardon?" I ask, my eyes watering from the coughing. "I said, 'are you a virgin?'" Olivia repeats.

I nod my head and all the girls laugh, except Ashlie that it. "What?" I ask, cluelessly. Olivia, Zoe, and Nicole give eachother a glance and finally look at me, "hun, that's going to have to change soon if you want to hang out with us."