Chapter 4

"Actually, we first need to fill official papers and get you a marriage license," Kyo, the head priest, gazed at the couple sitting on the floor before him. "But I'm sure we can take care of it later." He smiled at them.

Naruto smiled back as Sasuke just nodded.

"Okay," The priest got a big notebook from a side and opened it. "What's your name, young sir?"

"Naruto Uzumaki," Naruto said quickly, his heart beating at his ears.

The priest nodded as he wrote Naruto's name down. "What's your father's name?"

"Minato Namikaze," Naruto said, and Kyo noted it as well.

"Your mother's name and where are you from?" The priest asked and smiled at Naruto's nervous face.

"Kushina Uzumaki and I'm from Konohagakure," Naruto said and watched as the priest wrote them down.

The priest turned to Sasuke this time. "What's your name?" He already knew Sasuke's name but it was customary to ask first.

"Sasuke Uchiha," Sasuke replied with his usual coolness.

"Your father and mother's name?" The older man asked as he noted down Sasuke's name.

"Fugaku and Mikoto Uchiha," Sasuke said and then added, "I'm also from Konohagakure."

The priest nodded and then looked at them with a smile. "Who's changing last names?"

"Him!" They said at the same time and then glared at each other.

Kyo, the head priest, chuckled as he watched the two lovers interact easily. It was so easy to see the deep love the blond boy held for the raven. And as for the young Uchiha, he acted different from his usual, distant respectfulness towards people, it was surprising to be honest.

"Why should I take your last name bastard?" Naruto asked heatedly as he glared at Sasuke.

Sasuke sighed, and looked at Naruto with soft eyes. "Of course you don't have to. I just... I just wanted to have another Uchiha besides me, I wanted to add my beloved person to my family."

Naruto blushed as his eyes clouded. "O-Of course I'll be your family," He said and crawled closer to Sasuke and wrapped his arms around Sasuke's neck. "It's fine by me, I'll take your name."

"Hn," Sasuke smirked inwardly, he knew his dobe way too well. "Thank you, love."

Naruto blushed again and nodded and leaned over to put a kiss on Sasuke's cheek. But instead of his bastard's soft skin, his lips got in contact with a calloused palm.

"Eek!" Naruto drew back immediately.

Sasuke frowned as he looked at the smiling priest who had to his hand between the lovers.

"You can't kiss till the ceremony is over," He explained.

"Oh," Naruto nodded and then turned to the priest again.

"Okay now," The priest turned to Naruto. "Naruto Uzumaki, do you take Sasuke Uchiha as your... husband?"

"I do!" Naruto exclaimed, making Sasuke chuckle beside him.

The priest smiled and then looked at Sasuke. "Sasuke Uchiha, do you take Naruto Uzumaki as your husband?"

"Hn, I do," Sasuke answered with a satisfied smirk on his face.

"Then I declare you as husband and husband!" The head priest said loudly and the other priests –they had started watching the little ceremony- and Naruto clasped their hands loudly as Sasuke folded his arms over his chest, his smirk never leaving its place.