Chapter 16 - Pillow Talk

When Beyoncé returned a minute later she was carrying two bowls heaped with freshly whipped cream

When Beyoncé returned a minute later she was carrying two bowls heaped with freshly whipped cream. Nicki sat up and dragged her fingers through her hair.

Is that dessert? 

Chocolate cream pie, as promised.

Beyoncé handed her a bowl and suddenly Nicki was ravenous. She took a bite, it was sweet, rich and tasted homemade in the best way.

Hmmm this is just what I need right now.

That's why I saved it for after.

Beyoncé slipped into bed next to her, her own bowl in her hand, and stretched her legs out.

Sweet things and aftercare go well together.

What's aftercare? Nicki asked between mouthfuls.

You're feeling really good right now, aren't you? Light, high?

Nicki nodded.

Eventually you're going to come down from that high. Aftercare is a dominant's way of catching you when you do. It's me keeping all the good feelings flowing so you don't crash.

Beyoncé gestured toward the rope still dangling from the headboard.

All this can be intense and overwhelming. It can leave a person feeling vulnerable and raw, mentally and emotionally.

I don't feel like that.

Maybe not right now, but you still need this.

She took a bite of her pie and placed the bowl on the nightstand next to her.

Besides, this is as much for me as it is for you. I'll let you in on a little secret.

She shifted closer and placed her hand on Nicki's thigh gently.

It's not just the submissive that surrenders to her dominant. A dom must surrender to her true desires, the kind that society considers sick and...twisted. She must trust her submissive to accept that dark side of her and it's a vulnerable state to be in.

I never thought about it that way. This is all so much more complicated than I thought. How did you get into this? Being a dom I mean?

Beyoncé looked at her pensively, her hazel eyes searching Nicki's gazing up at her.

Do you want the short answer or the long one?

The long one.

This was a big part of who Beyoncé was and Nicki wanted to know why. Beyoncé reached toward the foot of the bed and picked up the rope she'd used to bind her ankles.

There was more to my marriage and divorce than I told you. More to what happened between Shawn and I and the rest of his family.

She drew the rope through her hands, straightening out the kinks, then began tying it in a knot.