1.4

Amani was the stuck up bougie type

Amani was the stuck up bougie type. At least, that's what Ja thought about her from the first couple of times they met. So when he saw the apartment was a drastic contrast from the boring beige, black, tan, he thought it was going to be he couldn't help but say the first thing that came to his mind. 

"I never would've thought your spot would look like this." Morant looked around the high-rise apartment in Midtown Atlanta. Her set up was really colorful and groovy. Her decor consisted of her favorite music artists vinyl records across the walls, neon strip lights, and faux plants. His eyes slightly lingering trying to peer between a semi open door that seemed to be set up with dj-ing equipment and speakers. 

"I talk to you for 30 seconds and you think you know me?" She laughed, grabbing her folders off the counter to prepare for their meeting. She insisted that they have the meeting in the office, mostly so she could rub it in Alfonzo's face that she got to him first....but Ja said he preferred 'intimate' settings, so her apartment it was.

"I mean shit.. you act like you know me, and that was even before I spoke to you."

"Yeah, because you're a presence in this world. You make yourself seen and for your character to be judged. That's what comes with being a public figure."

"So, what are you in this world?" He watched her tap away on her keyboard, slightly biting the corner of her bottom lip in the process while focusing on whatever she was doing. Ja found himself gazing at her a bit longer than he should've. 

"To be honest, I'm just somebody in it trying to make it." She spoke mindlessly not even giving the question much thought, before looking up at him. Smiling slightly after seeing how flustered he got after catching him staring.

"I hope that wasn't your pitch. Shit was ass." He laughed pulling his sweatshirt off and sitting next to her on her cloud couch. He liked what she said and how she said it, but it wouldn't feel right if he didn't slide a joke in somewhere.

Her eyes rolled at him before directing his attention to the tv that mirrored her MacBook screen. 

"Signing with me you get more for your money than with any other agent. I handle public relations tasks, image consulting, of course endorsements, other financial deals, and all contractual agreements within the sports industries with the help of some of my colleagues at HAWKEYE."

"If I was your agent here is a rough outline on what I would do to advance your career. First we'd start with image consulting. That's going to be your basic PR stuff, but we're going to have to take it to another level with you... considering your... reputation. I propose you hold solo community outreach events, routinely vlog your life, and go live or post regularly on social media. We need the consumers to feel that they're in touch with Ja Morant and that he isn't inaccessible or too good."

"Okay, sounds good, so let's talk endorsements. Why should I believe you'll bring in better brand deals than what I already got?"

"No offense to your dad, who I know was your former agent but the best brand deal you have at the moment is Dunkaroos. And they didn't even stick your black ass on the good ones. They stuck yo black ass on the flavor don't nobody buy. They got you dunking a nasty chocolate cookie, into the nasty double chocolate chip icing.. That don't give racist to you??? I mean come on they played in your face and you just let it happen."