1.0 | Chapter One

Amani McCaphrey, 22, is a up & coming "PR" agent for the #1 sports management agency out of the southeast, HAWKEYE. 

HAWKEYE manages all future, current , and past professional sports stars from the NBA to the NHL and everything in between. 

The company's CEO originally contracted Amani through an internship that allowed her to take her college classes, while also getting a head start on her career. McCaphrey did so well in her first quarter with the company, that the CEO had no choice but to hire her as an associate. 

Now that McCaphrey has graduated with her degree in Sports Management, she's surpassed all of HAWKEYE's expectations and she could possibly become the next and youngest partner at the firm.

Although she was fairly new to the game, she knew what players needed and wanted and would make sure it would happen by any means necessary. So far, she has a few big name athletes on her roster but ....... they were all women. 

HAWKEYE has faith in her potential as a partner, but it just seemed like she couldn't grasp the male attention like she needed to. And no matter how sexist it may sound, males are the ones who bring in the big bucks because they are the ones that dominated the sports industry when it came to sales.

"Great meeting guys." Mark Hawkeye, the ceo and founder of the company dismissed the employees from their daily meeting. One by one the suited NPC 's that sat around the large conference table, got up and made their exits.

Amani, her colleague Brian, and their frenemie Alfonzo were always the last to leave. Never wanting to rush back to work and sometimes there were some Krispy Kreme donuts left over they could snag without feeling guilty for over indulging. 

"I don't know, I'm just saying from the print in those pants Mark gotta be working with a 7 inch." Brian whispered fanning himself, while Amani and Alfonzo fought over who got the last icing filled donut.

 "Not you sexualizing him. I'm finna go to HR." She laughed, glancing back at Mark who luckily had his back towards them. She saw the print he was a 5 at most, unless you know he was a grower. "Heyyy." She whined seeing Alfonzo snatch the donut out the box and bite into it.

"I can't help his meat tryna escape the package and my carnivorous eyes just so happen to notice." He rolled his tongue, and growled like a feral cat. Brian who was as straight as a rainbow, has had the most unique obsessions with their boss. Even though their boss was straight, he was convinced that one day he'd leave his wife for him and they'd ride off into the sunset in one of his many luxury cars. Delusion at its finest. 

"Amani, do you mind staying back for a minute?" Mark called out. "Uh-Um yeah, of course."

"Oop, looks like someones getting in troubleeee." Alfonzo, taunted before being pushed out the door. "Shut up. Fonz." Brian nudged his shoulder again before giving Amani a reassuring smile and thumbs up while heading out the door.

Mark directed her attention to the screen that showed a yearbook style picture of Memphis Grizzlies player #12. "

"Tell me what I need to know about this guy

"Tell me what I need to know about this guy."

Amani quickly shot off what she could remember about the kid. "Point guard, shoots about 48% from the line, 5th in the league for assists, a pain in the ass for Adam Silver." Mark chuckled at the last part.

"You're right, I would just add that he's letting winning and the attention get to his head and now he's getting a little reckless. I think he needs a good image consultant and better agent cause quite frankly his deals aren't that great."

"Respectfully, what does that have to do with me?" Amani's eyebrows knit together, truly confused. 

"Amani, I want you to tame him." He had confidence she could do it, but did she? If she wanted to be a serious stake holder and become an official partner now that she's graduated, she needed this W underneath her belt.

She shook her head ferociously, moving the few strands of hair that got stuck to her freshly glossed lips. "No, uh-uhn, Mark I can't. He's a top player, I'll give him that but he's a fucking liability."

Morant was good at his game, but what he wasn't good at was contracts and keeping himself out of trouble. And not to mention, his Dad had a mouth on him that tended to get in the way of his career. 

"Look Amani, I know you've been gunning for that next partnership spot and honestly I think you're the best choice."

Amani nodded her headed, smiling at the praises she was receiving because it was true. She was the best choice, she's brought in the most athletes this past year, not to mention she bagged Flau'jae, Angel Reese, and Alexis Morris in one sitting.  

"But..." Mark continued, making her smile fade. "The other partner's are on the fence about you. Morant may be wild, but he's worth a lot of money and I know for a fact if you could sign him for at least a year and clean him up, they'd have no choice but to unanimously make you the next partner in the company."  Amani was a diamond in the making, she just need a little pressure so her true properties could shine.

Their heads both turned at the sound of the conference door opening, "Sorry, I left my phone in here." Alfonzo smiled awkwardly.

I hope you guys will be along with me in the journey of this book. Please don't forget to vote, comment, share, and follow. I appreciate any kind of feedback it motivates me to write! 

— xoxo, reto.