💐An unexpected encounter💐

(Credit to Ethereis(Tumblr) for the title! I decided to use the 5 that weren't for the title of the story as titles for chapters/parts!)(Collei in this chapter woo wooop even added a little bit of Tighnari in this. Here's where you finally meet him.)(Yes I'm adding references LMAOOO- Kelly is prob gonna put their detective hat on and try figure them out.) (Meant to be 2,500 bc I was making it each chapter gets 500+ words minimum but that would make the final be 11k and for the 5 endings that's over 200,000 words. Yes I'm motivated but not up to that point.) (so the word count will be random always below 5,000 but above 1,500.) 

Word Count: 3500+, A/N: I swear to Kusanali if this flops...

"Finally out of the chasm... phew... the path to sumeru in the chasm sure can be difficult to find." You stated finally over with the navigation. The sketchbook really did help you as you always gotten slightly lost within it. 

Seeing the opening / clearing on the threshold of the tunnel you used, were giant plants with a nearby stream. Multiple creatures with eachother nearby thriving. The sight wa simply exhilarating and breathtaking everyone seemed so peaceful it was ethereal. Making it seem like a dream. You quickly opened the sketchbook you owned, finding a blank page to doodle the scenery before your eyes. 

Many animals were wary of your presence before seeing you had a tail and ears they seemed to be more chill around you. Figuring you were like a sumpter beast. Big yet friendly and calm. Which is how you were at the moment. A few foxes seemed to take an interest in you. Aww! How adorable~ you thought seeing the crimson foxes become more comfortable and friendly. 

"Don't worry! I won't hurt you~" you stated in a soothing voice, standing up briefly gaining the foxes attention. Showing your 5 tails for a few minutes to them. Revealing you were a Kitsune, a type of Fox Yokai. Going back down to doodle in your book as one fox came into your lap finding comfort and warmth. The two others near you simply watched you draw. One was putting their fore paws on your knee. With its hind legs keeping it steady. Interesting in what you had drew. 

The other had pawed at you. Wanting you to put it on top of your shoulder. You gently lifted the fox onto your left one, it easily slid into the space wrapping its tail slightly around your neck. Your doodle of the scenery before you was decently finished. The birds chirping while the water flowed nearby was calming. Almost to the point you could fall asleep. But you just arrived in sumeru, the place you wanted to go for years. How could you fall asleep now? You also slept only a hour or two ago. 

Unknowingly a forest ranger was watching you. You didn't know where it was as you could only sense their presence. Their green hair and violet eyes blended them in. Easily matching the patches of flora surrounding the area. Asking one of the fox buddies to go investigate, they followed your command. Easily finding who was watching you from afar. 

A girl around your height, seemed to be interested in why foxes were so comfortable around you. Seeing one come up she thought of running away, instead the fox walked back to you. Craning its head around to see if she was following. Seeming to understand what the fox had wanted she followed. Going closer to you, the unknown person. Or well she thought you were an ordinary one at first glance, wondering why you were so close to foxes so easily. Made her wonder.. how?

"Hello! I sensed your presence, you seem like a forest watcher. By your clothing is how I'm assuming of course. You don't need to be alarmed by me." You stated seeing the fox come back with its fore paws on your knee. Going back to watching you doodle. You stopped, scratching the heads of all 3 foxes for brief moments. Before turning the book so the girl could see. "What do you think of this illustration? If you're a forest watcher I hope you can tell me if I missed any details that I can put." You stated showing your sketch was nearly finished.