The scavenger hunt

Notes: This was written as part of the +18 Phayu/Rain Discord Bingo. Prompt: Stitch

Plasters decorated almost each of Rain's fingers. It was painful to see them like this. Those lovely, elegant, and soft hands... It wasn't even Phayu's pain. But seeing his boy hurt like this... It was not ok!

And Rain? He stayed stubbornly silent, refusing to tell Phayu anything.

Apparently, it was non of Phayu's business!

"Careful there. Do you want to be punished?" Instead of being sensible, Rain lifted his chin in challenge.

It seemed Phayu had his answer. Rain did want to be punished. Well, if he asked for it, it would be done. Just not in the way, his naughty boy expected. Oh no! Phayu made him clean the dishes instead.

Grumblingly, Rain had filled the sink with hot bubbly liquid and washed them by hand, periodically looking at Phayu with pleading eyes.

Oh no! This was not going to work, naughty boy. Phayu was not one to easily give in to big, warm, sparkly eyes... At least not today!

As Rain's hands got soaked in the water, all his shiny plasters came off one by one.

It gave Phayu the perfect opportunity to look at the damage underneath.

What he saw filled him with dread! There were tiny pinpricks all over the poor battered tips of Rain's gorgeous fingers.

What had the boy been up to? Did he fight with a hedgehog?

If so, the hedgehog clearly won. Their fight must have been nocturnal and had started about a week ago.

Why a week? Because that was the exact time the first plaster had started to appear.

Phayu remembered the first one clearly. They had gone to bed as usual, with Rain being the small spoon for Phayu's big one.

In the morning, however, the first plaster had magically appeared. It was on Rain's left hand's index finger.

Worried, Phayu had stared at the offending object.

"Good morning, Phi." Rain had greeted him sleepily.

"Good morning. N'Rain, you didn't have this plaster yesterday. What happened?"

But the smaller boy had only shrugged him off. "I must have pricked my finger while I got up to drink some juice. Don't worry. It doesn't hurt at all."

Phayu let it slide. There was no reason to be suspicious. He went about his day and forgot all about the incident.

However, it became increasingly harder to ignore when new plasters joined the old ones on Rain's hand.

Every time they went to sleep and woke up the next day, the blasted things multiplied.

Phayu was worried!

He had the right to be worried, too.

Rain seemed to think it was funny and only padded him on the arm like a well-behaving dog, making excuse after excuse.

"I accidentally leaned on the cactus next to the fridge. Why did Saifah put it there?"

"I was working on my model and cut myself. Silly me. I need to concentrate better."

"The little tabby from the neighbours scratched me..."

"I helped Sky with his project...."

"Paper cut..."

... and so it went on and on.

But this would end tonight! Phayu was crazy with worry and couldn't have these wonderfully dainty little hands harmed any longer.