ᴍʏ ʟᴇᴀꜱᴛ ꜰᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀ

"Sanemi,"

He was awoken when someone shook him, his shoulders tensing as he did. He didn't open his eyes, and thought that for a moment, this was a dream. He wasn't normally up this early, because at this hour sleepiness still weighed on his eyelids. It was near impossible to open them and they'd often be too dry.

He pulled the covers up to his chin and let out a small groan, his tiny brows furrowing slightly. There was a gentle hand in his hair, then a soft chuckle. He'd only hear it when it was just them.

"Sanemi, it's time to wake up." Her silky voice would murmur.

His eyes fluttered open, then closing at the feeling of his mother's fingers combing through his hair. He let out a quiet hum, stretching his arms in front of him slowly and turning his head.

"Good morning, my treasure." Shizu whispered, and Sanemi felt her drag her hand around his forehead, stopping to cup his cheek.

"Good mornin', mama.." He whispered back, letting out a quiet yawn. His voice cracked up slightly, his throat feeling dry and making him sound almost brittle. He moved to rub his eyes, letting out a sigh through his nose before rolling onto his back. He felt refreshed, that was for sure. One of his favorite feelings was stretching in the morning, because it felt like energy being injected into his veins, followed by a coolness taking over.

Shizu stroked his cheek gently, then leaning down to press a kiss to his face. "..We have a long day ahead of us. Your father left, which gives us time to go buy some yummy treats from the market."

"Ooh.. I wanna get.. uhm.." He paused, pursing his lips slightly. "...Oo-ha-gie." He said slowly, opening his eyes to look to his mother afterwards.

She laughed softly, brushing some hair from his face. Sanemi found himself searching for that sparkle of approval in her blue eyes, smiling when he found it. "That's right, ohagi." Shizu sat back and clapped her hands gently. "We'll have to eat it while we're out though, okay?"

"Okay..!" He nodded, sitting up and stretching his arms high in the air.

"Let's get you dressed up, okay?" She stood to her feet, looming over Sanemi for just a moment before kneeling down to lift him by his armpits. He wrapped his arms around her neck almost instinctively, resting his cheek against her shoulder and looking around the room slowly. He noticed that the front entrance was opened up slightly, allowing the chilly air to get inside.

"Mama." He said, trying to mimic the concerned voice Shizu would sometimes have. He remembered it as soft and timid, like a baby deer.

"Yes, Sanemi?"

"You left the door open!" He pulled his head back and looked at her.

"I know, darling." She kept walking, reaching out to open the small closet door at the end of the room. They all kept their clothes in a dusty, wooden wardrobe; which would often get knocked over.

"It's cold!"

"It'll help you wake up."

"It's too cold! Mama, it's super-too-cold!" He shivered, letting her go to hug himself and rub his hands over the goosebumps on his arms. Shizu caught him quickly with a hand on his back, stopping for a moment to make sure he wouldn't fall backwards before shaking her head at him. "Careful," She chided. "The day will get hotter, darling.. But!" And then, a smile spread across her face, and she reached into the wardrobe to pull a few folded clothes out. "If it's really that cold for you, then I suppose I will have to give you your scarf."

Sanemi's eyes went wide at that, and he shook his head. "No! No, mama! I hate that scarf!" His bottom lip jutted out in a pout, and he jerked his body back. "It makes my neck feel itchy!"