PROLOGUE

Summary of chapter: End.

As his mind fell into despair, Min Seung-ho felt his lungs fill with blood—his blood. In a moment of clarity, he wondered how the situation turned out like this. He was the CEO of one of the biggest companies in Korea. He kept close to his morals, not accepting any kind of bribe or suspicious business. Not that he received many of those offers, because everyone in his area knew he wasn't open for this kind of negotiation. Consequently, he was fated to have a lot of enemies, due to their offers being rejected. But, his upright performance also permitted him to have true allies and friends, who were vital for his success and stability.

Just as family, friends are an important column of everyone's life. When you are around them you blindly believe they will take care of your back, willing to protect you with their life, If needed.

So, it's inevitable to lower your guard around them.

That was his first and last mistake. A fatal mistake.

He felt the blood coming up from his throat, ready to be vomited. His lungs burned and his vision started to get foggy. He knew his death was near. However, he refused to die first. Because, lying beside him was his best friend, Choi Hae-Jin— he had a large injury over his neck, clearly a knife wound. He obviously couldn't breathe, too busy choking on his own blood. His body trembled violently. Min Seung-ho wondered If it was due to fear or pain, maybe both. He didn't care. But, he wouldn't lie, it was satisfying to see him suffering.

As Min Seung-ho looked to his right, he could see an enormous trail of blood and human corpses. Those corpses were the idiots who had tried to attack him. They thought they could defeat him in a fight. Little did they know he trained his body to defend himself in a situation like this. Actually, he had predicted, someday, this would happen, however, he hadn't anticipated he would be betrayed. How stupid of him.

Min Seung-ho gave him one last glance. Choi Hae-Jin, already dead, looked back at him with dull eyes, without their usual brilliance. He remembers how much he loved to stare at those beautiful eyes.

"You f-fucking traitor," He knew Choi Hae-Jin was already dead, but he couldn't help but vent his anger and sadness. It was pointless, but who cared? He would die soon too.

He noticed dark spots in his vision, his eyelids felt heavier and his heartbeats slowed. His life flashed before his eyes, all the bad and good memories. How heartbreaking it was to see them.

Then, darkness finally engulfed him whole.