It Was Nice

Kelci was pretty. Caramel skin, long dirty blonde hair, blue in the back, to die for chocolate brown eyes. That's something her and Ray had in common. She seemed like a really cool girl. Bestfriend material. "Hey, nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you," she said.

"Oh you did? I hope it was all good," I said glancing over at Chres. His arm was around me and he smiled. I kissed him on his cheek.

-

We were now in front of the college. UCLA. My dream college, with my dream guy, I am living the life. We went to the registration office to get our schedules and dorm placements. We left our bags in the car. There was just me and Kelci's bags in there. Kelci came here from Atlanta. I found that out in the car.

"Name?"

"Gabriella Torres"

"Here is your schedule. I hope you find everything to your liking. If there are any issues regarding your dorm or your schedule come here. Other than that have a great year." The woman at the desk said.

"Thank You." I walked back over to Chres and Ray.

"So what dorm are you in?," Chres asked me winking. I giggled. He is so flirtatious.

"I'm in building A and room 305."

"We're roommates then," I heard a voice come from behind me. It was Kelci.

"That's great. Now I don't have to worry about rooming with some weird person." We both laughed then the guys walked us to our dorm after we got our bags and we put our bags down. We unpacked a little and I called my sisters.

"Hello Jailee?"

"TAY GABBY'S ON THE PHONE!!!" I heard footsteps like Tay running down the stairs.

"GABBY HOW'S IT GOING? DID YOU MEET UP WITH CHRES YET? DO YOU HAVE A DORM? IS THE COLLEGE BIG? DID YOU GO TO A WILD PARTY?," That was definetly Tay.

"Alright, I wish you guys were here though. Yeah Chres was there when I got of the plane. Yeah I have a dorm I share a room with Rays cousin Kelci, she's real cool."

"Thanks," Kelci said from our walk in closet. I just giggled.

"The college is pretty big but I guess I'll get used to it. And no Tay I haven't gone to a college party yet I've only been here for like 3 hours (-.-)" Kelci started laughing.

"Well SORRY," Tay said. All three of us started laughing. I miss home already but I'm happy I'm here. Me and my sisters talked for an hour then they had to go get ready for their first day of school. My babies are juniors in high school. Chres and Ray are getting their stuff from home. Me and Kelci are just maccing in our dorm now.

"Were those your sisters?"

"Yeah, I have two younger sisters. They're 16... twins, ferternal though."

"That's cool I have two sisters too. But I'm the middle child tho, my younger sister is 16 too."

"How old is your older sister?"

"Lola? She's 20. We're real close, all three of us are."

"Same with me and my sisters. My little sister Jaidah is like my diary, Taylor is my little consultant." We both started laughing.

"It's hard being away from them for the first time isn't it."

I glanced at her then over at the picture of my little sisters in the frame. "Yeah," she sat beside me and looked me in my eyes.

"It's gonna be alright. We get to see them on breaks, video chat, and talk to them everyday. Besides for now we have eachother. You seem really cool." I smiled. I never had a real female friend before. Girls at home never really liked me. Same with my sisters. That's why we're so close, we always stick together. It was nice knowing I had a female friend in college. It was nice knowing that I would have someone there. It was nice having someone who could relate to me. It was nice...