Undeserved

A few months later, Marinette had gotten a better grip on her powers, still no heat vision but her control was slowly getting better but apparently she still found her strength hard to hold back. Shown by the 3 akumas she had accidentally broken the bones of. Thankfully, they were healed by the cure,but still.

She visited Damien as much as she could, flying over and secretly entering through his window. They spent a lot of time together and were closer than ever.

It was during this period when Marinette was getting restless. She wanted Hawkmoth gone and she would stop at nothing to find him. Unfortunately, she hadn't mastered pinpointing where sounds came from or controlling how many layers she was seeing through with her x-ray vision and her detective work was hard to keep up with, especially considering she felt the need to remain a top student regardless of heroic activities. Between that and designing, patrol, training and making sure to spend time with Damien, she didn't have all that much time to spare.

She had suspicions but considering her suspects, she could not act until certain.

She was beginning to think Hawkmoth had caught onto her less than human biology. She was always targeted when it was a physically damaging akuma. She healed quickly, but she never healed quick enough to be back in form for the next fight.

She didn't know how he would know. The only power she risked using in akuma fights was her flight that was unless she let her strength slip accidentally.

Either way, she was careful.

Things went downhill just before the spring break.

Gravity akumas were the idea of a sick man.

An akuma that control the force of gravity in any direction and increase it.

The team was struggling as it was, having to regroup multiple times.

Crimson had the rest of the team distract the akuma victim while she attempted to attack from behind.

It backfired horribly.

Crimson was hit by the biggest amount of force yet, sending her flying through buildings, walls and windows, the frames of billboards and as her suit could not protect her, she got gashed and bruised by every single crash.

When she finally came to a halt, a pool of blood formed by her left side, she wasn't moving.

Chat Noir ordered the rest of the team to keep the akuma busy while he sped off to check on her.

"Red? Red cmon open your eyes."

As if summoned, her eyes slowly blinked open. "We need to get back..."

"You aren't going anywhere, you seem like you're about to die! Hand over the earrings Red, I'll give them to Ryukko. We need back up and you need the sun and rest." Chat ordered.

"But I'm f-fine..." She staggered to her feet but as soon as she was upright, she collapsed to the floor again. "Gah!"

Chat noir frowned and picked her up, dropping her off at her balcony.

"We aren't contacting the justice League..." Marinette tried.

"Bug. We need help with his one! Please stop being the hero for once... You're still part human. We need to be alive to continue protecting Paris. Now hand it over." Chat said firmly.

After a while, she relented and pulled the communicator from her yo-yo and handed it to him before taking off her earrings and handing them over. She trusted Kagami and she is less likely to cause a panic due to from most angles, she looked the most similar.

Chat Noir nodded and left and not long later, she heard the arrival of the Flash, Supergirl, Robin and... Superman. Of course...

In all honesty the only person useful with the akuma would be the Flash.

..~~..

"Crimson has been taken out of commission and we need the help."

Without another word, Robin sped off in the direction of the bakery.

Supergirl would soon do the same "where is she?"

"You know where she lives." Chat nodded.

She was quick to follow Damien.

"What's going on?" Superman asked and his response was a very hostile hiss from the cat. No one was there to hold him back.

"You are useless in this fight. Leave." Kagami, now Red Dragon demanded.

Superman flinched back and frowned, maybe Kara will know what to do. So he went to find her instead while Chat Noir started giving orders to the rest of the team, including Flash.

..~~..

"Ow!" Marinette hissed in pain as Damien started to clean the blood off.

"Sorry angel but it must be done. You need stitches but nothing can pierce your skin..." Damien sighed.

"Kryptonite tipped needles... Auntie Kara could you get them? They're in the top drawer by my bed."

Kara nodded and went to find them.

Damien blinked at her, "how do you-"

"I am guardian to a bunch of God's Damien. Fusing a bit of Kryptonite to a needle would not be that hard."

Damien nodded in response and Kara reappeared, careful to only touch the metal of the needle before handing it to Damien. 

"This will hurt Angel. Brace yourself." He warned.

She sucked in a breath but tried not to react as he started stitching her up. It was a large gash, the largest she'd ever had. It went from the middle of her ribs on her right side, to just left of the middle of her hips.

There were a few other gashed needing stitches but we're not that large and the rest were a few cuts and scrapes. That is ignoring the already purple bruises forming all over her body and the fact she had a very likely concussion. She could barely move at all without feeling the need to shriek in pain.

Kara held her hand throughout Damien's careful treatment, taught to him by Alfred.

Marinette squeezed Kara's hand every time she had to restrain any type of cry.

It was a wonder how she was alive. She got very lucky as to the fact no organs were hit and she hadn't lost enough blood for it to be fatal.

At one point, Kara stood up, protectively in front of her and she didn't know why, that was  until she heard a much too familiar voice.

"Kara? What's going on here?"