Chapter one

(Picture of our Queen bee, Daphne above)

"Daphne you're going to be late!" My mom called from the bottom of the stairs.

"Okay, okay, relax mom, I'll be down in a minute" Geez woman, at this rate you'll injure your vocal cords.
I stood in front of the mirror and smiled at the image staring back at me. Now, I know lots of people love to underestimate and talk down on themselves in order to appear humble but f that. I was gorgeous, no, beyond gorgeous. I had the shiniest skin I'd ever come across, not even Hailey Bieber could contest. My lashes were naturally long and voluminous. They were currently curled upwards with the help of a mascara. I had large doe eyes that has gotten me out of trouble more times than I could count. I had a cute button nose that most girls would kill for, which was currently enhanced with some makeup, not that I needed any. My lips were the perfect size, sitting pretty on my face, plump and juicy. I dapped on some lipgloss and put my tiny knotless braids in a ponytail with a claw clip. Now that's more like it.

I adjusted the collars of my school uniform exposing my necklace. It was a gift from my vacation in Rome and I have it with me at all times for good-luck. I folded the waist of my skirt to make it an inch shorter to display my beautiful long legs, I could easily be a model if I wanted. Yes, I'm bragging. I also made sure to accentuate my tiny waist with a belt even though it wasn't part of the school uniform. I bath myself in vanilla scented perfume and basked in the heavenly scent. Man I love vanilla.

"Daphne Chimmamanda Duru get down here this instant" My mom screamed.

"Coming!" I screamed back quickly grabbing my school bag and other necessities. When my mom called me by government name I knew she meant business, I need to get moving immediately or face her wrath.

I refuse to look anything less than perfect on my first day in a new school, so I stared at my reflection one last time to make sure everything was in place. Did I mention I looked breathtakingly gorgeous? I blew myself a kiss and rushed out of my room locking the door behind me.

I was used to being the new girl in school because my family moved a lot. My dad was a very successful business man and he had to travel a lot for his business. We had houses in every major city in the country and my mom refuses to be apart from my dad for an extended period of time so we were always moving. Today we're in Nigeria, tomorrow we're in England and next tomorrow we're in New York. I've lived basically everywhere that matters. Because of this I didn't have any long lasting friends, I made friends easily though, I always had a friend group and I was always the queen bee. It was easy to get over them because I don't form any emotional attachment with them.

_♡_ ♡_♡_♡_♡_♡_♡_♡_♡_♡_♡_

I got down from the car and stared at the school building in front of me. It was fairly large and covered with white paint with a touch of brown. It had a huge lawn that looked freshly mowed and clean. There were some statures of school students reading at the left corner and at the right corner, there were some other statures of students going to class, I suppose, with bags over their shoulders and books in their hands. The building itself was a 2 storey building and if the brochure I saw was right, it should have an elevator. Now this would have impressed any other person but it didn't impress me. I was used to luxury. My nickname should be luxury. I was used to attending even better schools than this so it would take more than some elevator, a freshly mowed lawn and some statures to impress me.

"I don't remember that belt being part of the uniform you were given Daphne" My mom said coming down behind me and shutting the door.

"Mom you know I have to look fabulous" I grinned and gave her a wink.