Chapter 2: Into The Unknown

Inside the cozy confines of their home, the day was slowly transitioning into evening. The hands of the clock indicated that it was past five in the afternoon. Glinda, a wise and powerful figure with a crown of silver hair, sat at the kitchen table engaging in a serious conversation with Cordelia, her trusted guard who disguised herself as her doctor in the mortal realm.

"Is the academy doing well?" The elder inquired, her gaze fixed on the lady guard.

The lady guard nodded, a hint of pride in her tone. "Nalith, araeveth. The students continue to amaze us with their outstanding performances and showcasing their magical prowess"

The elder's face softened at the news.

"Verathalin ilendir. Our future generations are flourishing." she replied, a flicker of relief crossing her features.

However, the mood quickly shifted as the lady guard hesitated, seemingly burdened by the weight of a troubling revelation.

"Mayroon din po akong dala-dalang masamang balita." ipinahayag niya, may halong pangamba sa boses nito.

Glinda leaned forward, her eyes narrowing slightly.

"Spill it." the elder commanded.

"Nagsisimula na muling umatake ang mga Varothel, Lady Glinda." bunyag ng dalaga na may halong pag-aalala sa kanyang tinig.

The elder's features hardened on she heard.

"After hundreds of millennia, nagparamdam ulit ang mga thrashar," she growled, her voice laced with anger and resolve.

Naramdaman ng dalaga ang kapangyarihan na naglalabas mula sa kanyang panginoon, at tahimik niyang pinagmasdan ito, kinikilala ang malaking lakas na nakatago dito.

"How is your granddaughter doing, Lady Glinda?" she asked changing the subject, hoping to bring a glimmer of warmth to their conversation.

The elder's face immediately brightened, her previous intensity giving way to a gentle smile.

"She's doing great! Zara has grown up way too fast. I can't believe she's already seventeen," Glinda replied, adoration evident in her voice.

The girl could not help but admire her master's unwavering love for her adopted mortal granddaughter.

"I still don't understand why you chose to adopt a mortal child and decided to prolong your stay here in the mortal realm when you could have adopted any Eldorian," the lady guard admitted, her confusion apparent.

The elder's smile remained as she sipped her coffee, eyes twinkling with hidden knowledge.

"Ranethael darthil, amara Lia. My granddaughter is special. Hindi basta-basta ang aking apo."

Itinagilid ng dalaga ang kanyang ulo at mahinang bumuntong-hininga dahil sa sinabi ng kanyang panginoon.

Bago pa makasagot ang nakakatanda sa naunang tanong ng dalaga tungkol sa kanyang pagbabalik, isang pamilyar na presensya ang nagpakilala. The sound of a cheerful voice filled the room, interrupting their conversation.

"Hi, Doc Lia!" Zarina greeted them, her infectious energy lighting up the space.

Glinda and Cordelia turned their attention to the young girl, their faces brightening with affection.

"Hello, Zarina," Lia replied, a sweet smile playing on her lips.

***

"Napadalaw po kayo Doc?" Tanong ko dito.

"Napadaan lang hija nagkataon kasing may medical mission malapit dito. I also did a little check up on your grandmother."

"Ahh ganun po ba?"