Love from.

Dear John,

I hope that we both live to see the end of this war, but it has occurred to me that when this is over, the time will come that will have to part our ways. Of course, we both live in London, but we are from very different areas, and that when we return to our previous lives we will both be expected to settle down and marry a lady of our own stature. It will, of course, be possible for us to continue seeing eachother, but my fear is that it will cause more hurt than good. What we have is good, for that reason I'm giving you this decision: should we stop this all now, or should we allow ourselves just this until it is time for us to go home?

Whatever you choose, please know that I love you dearly, and will never stop caring about you. Not a single day will pass that you are not on my mind.

You may be wondering what this letter is, why have I left it amongst your belongings, and why did I not meet you in our usual spot today? Well, I will answer all those questions. I have noticed the officers and other recruits are somewhat suspicious of us, so I think it is best that we keep our communications nothing but friendly outside of letters. They will only be found if our belongings are searched, which of course is unlikely. Leave your response for me, and simply tell me where it is, or wait for me to find it.

My apologies for this long letter, my dear, but there was so much to say.

- Love from James.

P.s. Take the paper from your journal, I know neither of us write anyway.