Are we more scared of Teruko or the port mafia?

"Oh, great." When Jouno and Tetchou went back to the park, Jouno could hear a group of teenage guys on the play structure. They'd most likely scared all the kids away, and were probably going to make some trouble. "Hahahahaha!" An overly cheerful sounding laugh rang out over the playground.

"We can stay on the other side of the park." Jouno said as he walked by. "Actually, I think we should do something about it." Tetchou said hesitantly. Jouno frowned. "Tetchou. It is not the jurisdiction of the hunting dogs to deal with a group of teenagers on the play structure." That annoying laugh again. If this guy laughed one more time, maybe Jouno would get involved after all. "I think we're allowed to get involved if one of them has a kukri knife."

Jouno had to stop and made sure he'd heard that right. "I'm sorry, what now?" He asked, while the annoying teenager laughed again. He was more irritating than Obnoxious Bob. "He has a kukri knife." Hector let his head drop into his hands. "Tetchou, how do you know it's a kukri knife? We're pretty far away." Tetchou shrugged. "It's a very distinctive knife."

Jouno frowned. "Do you think there's any possibility Teruko sent these guys to get us to go back to the park?" Tetchou shook his head. "Her last attempt was setting something on fire. I doubt she'd do something like hire some troublemakers, which seems rather calm in comparison." Jouno nodded. "Good point." If anything, Teruko would keep escalating her efforts.

"So, do you think we should get involved?" Tetchou asked. "I don't like the idea of just leaving this guy with a knife that big. I mean, that has to be way over the allowed length of a weapon, right?" Jouno nodded. "Indeed it is." Jouno sighed. This was just the day from hell. "I guess we get involved.

"Hey!" Tetchou called out, loud enough the entire park could hear him. "You with the knife. I'm an officer of the law." It sounded like someone jumped off the play structure. "Yeah, yeah. We know." He said. "Kouyo sorta put the all call out." Jouno did not like the sound of that in the least.

He tried to take in everything he could about his surroundings. He could hear an IV tube, and could sense five heartbeats beside his and Tetchou's. "I'm guessing Kouyo is the lady I met at the planetarium?" Jouno asked. The annoying guy laughed again. It was taking all of Jouno's self restraint not to punch him in the face.

"Yeah, that's Kouyo for you." Said a new voice. Jouno recognized this guy immediately. He'd heard his voice in movies a couple of times before. This just added to the confusion. "Any perceived threat, and you've got a target on your back until she decides you don't."

Jouno crossed his arms. He wasn't sure what perceived slight he'd dealt this Kouyo person, but whatever it was, did it really warrant 'the all call'? "Let me guess." Jouno said. "You're with the titans." The one guy laughed again. How did his teammates put up with him?

"Yeah." He said. "You got us, hunting dogs. Now what are you going to do?" That was totally meant as a challenge. "Confiscate your knife." Tetchou said at the same time Jouno said "arrest you." Tetchou poked Jouno in the ribs. "Hey!" He exclaimed.

"It's okay." Tetchou said. "They're not technically doing anything wrong besides the knife right now. Even if they are supposed to be making this date difficult for us or something." Jouno sighed. Did Tetchou really have to announce to the port mafia  that they were on a date?

"You want my knife?" The one guy asked. Again with the laughter. "Come and get it." He took a step forwards, and Tetchou drew his own blade with lightning speed, and sliced the knife out of the teenager's hand. "Hey!" He exclaimed, sounding not that different than how Jouno had a few seconds ago. "Would you look at that, guys?" He asked. "It seems like they want a fight."

*

Chuuya looked up from what he was reading when Kouyo walked in. He was just finishing winning a game of chess against Higuchi, and his friend was protesting her loss rather loudly. "We need to talk." Higuchi knew that Chuuya and Kouyo didn't argue much, but when they did, it was bad. Higuchi looked down at her phone. "I have to go." She said quickly, and got out of there as fast as she could.