Sick Day

Backstory: Y/N is 13 years old and wakes up sick. When Jessica comes in her room to wake up her daughter for school she finds out Y/N isn't feeling well at all and calls her sick for school and takes the day off work to take care of her.

Requested by: FaelynnWrites

Trigger warnings: ⚠️Mentions of vomit.⚠️ If any of this triggers you I recommend skipping this one shot. Please be careful with reading this chapter and don't be like me and trigger yourself.

POV Y/N

I was peacefully sleeping until I woke up feeling like absolute shit. My throat is sore, I have a massive headache and my stomach is hurting.

I tried to sit up but it only made me feel worse. Suddenly I felt this feeling of something coming up my throat and I was praying to not be what I though it was but unfortunately for me my prayers were not answered and I ran to the toilet and started throwing up. I hate throwing up and I wish mama was here but at the same time not because I don't want to bother mama in the middle of the night.

When I was done I wobbled back to my room and I could see on the clock it was five o'clock. Great. Just amazing. It would be another two hours before mama or dad comes in to wake me up and I'm sure I won't just be able to fall asleep.

I lay back down in bed and cover myself up back under the blankets feeling extremely cold. I grab my phone and watch some random stuff when I felt my eyes get droopy and ended up falling asleep anyway.

~~

I flicker my eyes open and I end up feeling even worse than in the night causing me to let out a groan.

Then I hear commotion in the hallway letting me know the day is getting started.

"Hi, sweetie, it's time to get out of bed. You have school and you don't want to be late," I could hear mama's voice from outside my door before she walked in and saw how miserable I looked.

"Y/N/N, are you okay? You seem really pale," Mama said in a worried tone sitting down on my bed. She gently placed her hand on my head and immediately retracted it.

"Baby, you are burning up. Let me take your temperature."

I just groaned and nuzzled against mama's chest and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Mama, I don't feel good. I threw up in the night," I croaked out with my very dry voice.

POV Jessica

As soon as I walk in Y/N's room I notice she looks pale and not well at all. I walk up to her to feel her forehead and she is burning up.

Y/N then hugs me and settles herself in my arms. I gladly hug her back knowing she always get clingy to me when she's sick.

As soon as I heard she threw up in the night I felt bad I wasn't able to be there for her.

"Oh, sweet girl, why didn't you wake me or dad up?" I asked while stroking through Y/N's dark blonde hair.

"Because you deserve your nights rest," she says while coughing.

I softly kiss her on top of her head before speaking up.

"Y/N/N, I'm gonna get dad to call you in sick for school and I'll take the day off so I can be home to take care of you. I'm gonna take your temperature and get you some medicine and then you can rest," I said and Y/N nodded agreeing.

I make a move to stand up but Y/N pulls me back to continue to rest her head against my chest.

Y/N has barely energy to get out of bed and I can't move and she needs medicine. So I decided to pick her up and carry her since she is fairly small for her age. She clings to me around my neck and I take her downstairs.