In the Alcove-Lockwood

I wasn't worried about this new agency. They may have a fancy wizard staff, but I was Anthony Lockwood, head of Lockwood and Co, the greatest agency in London. And I had something they would never have. Lucy Carlyle. Arguably the best Listener in the world. Their stupid jewel couldn't listen to squat.

As the crowd dispersed to the refreshments and other entertainments of the evening I looked for Lucy. Some agents were already leaving on their cases for the night. We needed to go too. Thankfully they had the social for late in the afternoon but it was already 5pm. We needed to be at the house.

"Looking for Lucy?" Megan was still at my side. "I think I saw her talking to a young man. An agent."

"Who?" I asked. We needed to leave. Why was Lucy socializing? She hates socializing.

"I don't know but he was really handsome and she looked really into it. They went off into one of the alcoves." Megan sidled up to me. Does she not know what personal space was?

"Ok? Which one?" I needed to find her.

Megan pouted. "I don't know. Maybe this one." I followed her to one of the alcoves. Because at the Fittes House nothing could be simple there were deep grooves in the walls of the great hall. They ran around six on each side about 7-8 square feet. The were set behind the columns that bordered the great hall and were known for many things. Great spots for hiding out in, settling a dispute, or, well, sneaking off to with someone. I peered into the shadows.

"They're not here Megan. I really need to... oof" Megan gave me a shove against the wall. She pressed up against me, her face inches from mine. Her hand crawled up my chest.

"I've been waiting for an opportunity like this for a while." She purred, her breath sickly sweet against my face.

I chuckled awkwardly and pushed her hands away. "What?"

"Don't tell me you don't feel it too?"

"You've got the wrong guy, Megan. You're nice but..."

"C'mon Lockwood. I'm not like the other girls. The other agents who only care about fighting ghosts and have nothing else to talk about. You need a change. You need new friends." She really battered her eyelashes then. "You like me. You've been so obvious. You just needed a push."

She leaned forward puckering her lips. She kissed my cheek. Gross. I turned my face at the right second. And saw Lucy standing there staring.

"Lockwood?"

"Lucy!"

"Megan?"

"Lucy, go away."

"Not without Lockwood."

"He's mine."

"Ok?" Her eyes flashed with annoyance, a bit of anger, and what was that third emotion? "He's late to a case."

"I've got to go Megan." I jumped away and to Lucy's side. I would have said it was a pleasure but I never wanted her to do that ever again. I tried to stride away with dignity but I don't think I managed it. Pulling a handkerchief from my pocket I furiously rubbed my cheek with it.

"Don't rub your skin off," was all Lucy said.

I glanced over at her. We were almost out of the crowd and to the front doors. "I'd been looking for you."

"Clearly."

"She said you had gone into one of the alcoves."

"So you walked into one of the popular make out spots with a girl who has been flirting with you for three months?"

"She's been flirting with me?"

"Lockwood I really don't care. You can hang out with whoever you want. I definitely didn't want to walk in on that. But we need to get to the case."

"Of course. But Lucy." I stopped her and we stood face to face outside the Fittes House. The sun was setting over London. "I didn't know that Megan liked me and I don't like her at all. Especially now."

Lucy pursed her lips. Her frown shaded her eyes.

"It's important to me that you know that." I insisted.

"Ok Lockwood, I understand."

Alright, that was cleared up. "I'll call a cab." 

This was a short one. But I'm not apologizing. I'm done apologizing for everything! I liked this chapter. Thanks for reading. I hope you're having a wonderful day. #SaveLockwoodandCo #GhostStrike